Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annullment

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annullment Empty Annullment Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm

mbustamante

Arresto Menor

Hi good day! Im separated for almost 12 years, is that true that if your already separated for more than 10 years, automatically the marriage will be void? If not is there any easy way to void my marriage other than annullment?

Atually i already filed an annullment last 2002 but last year 2009 the court dismiss the case. Can you advise me what to do because me and my ex-wife got our own family right now.

Thank you and more power
Marlon

2Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:19 am

attyLLL

there is no time limit which renders a marriage dissolved. it is considered a "permanent union" even if the union part is no longer true.

if there is no ground to annul your marriage, as was found by the court, then what you can explore is becoming a foreign national of a country which allows divorce.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Engr6Sigma

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. In relation to what you mentioned "...explore is becoming a foreign national of a country which allows divorce." - In a somehow similar situation, if I do not have any form of communication with my wife who already lives in the US, and had her divorce there. Would that divorce apply to the marriage done here in the Phils? If yes, will she be required to contact me to sign something to formalize the divorce?

4Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 pm

attyLLL

first your wife should have become a foreign national. if she is still a filipino, then it's useless. there are countries where the rules allow a divorce even if the spouse does not answer the petition.

if applicable, you will have to file a judicial petition to have her divorce recognized here.

5Annullment Empty annulment Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 pm

mbustamante

Arresto Menor

Hi good day once again Atty.! is't possible to file new annulment case with heavier grounds, and the previous annulment case will not affect the new one or it will become more helpfull?
For 12 years im separated, can it serve more chance to shorten the process? if yes maybe how many months or years?
Thank you...

6Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:59 pm

attyLLL

yes, it is possible to file a new case. length of separation is technically not a factor but judges are more sympathetic to long time separated because there is less chance of getting back together.

7Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Rowena Quirino

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. I just want to ask if there is a possibility to declare null and void the marriage of my friend. The girl she married had been married thrice already (his is her 4th marriage). The girl is using different names everytime she marries. What are the options that he could consider? Thanks.

8Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:01 pm

attyLLL

i am handling a similar case. the hard part is how to prove that the persons in the other marriage certificates is the wife. the basis for annulment of the marriage will be bigamy.

9Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:10 pm

stevmart

Arresto Menor

Atty., ask ko lang po kung pasok sa grounds ng annulment itong kasal ng kaibigan ko. Nagpakasal sila ng ex wife niya 18 years old sya at 21 years old naman yung babae that time. Napilitan syang pakasalan kse nabuntis lang po nya. Di daw nya alam ang gagawin nya sa katunayan nung humarap sya sa magulang ng babae noon e mga ngpasama lang sya sa isang kabarkada nya. Nasa ibang bansa po that time ang ama nya at ang kanya namang ina ay may problema sa pag iisip. So that time po di sila nag undergo ng mga seminar or khit makakuha ng parents consent. Bale yung tita lang nya ng asikaso sa lahat at sinabihan nlng sya sa date ng kasal ni wala nga daw pong wedding ring eh kse bglaan lang dahil nabuntis nya yung babae. 6 years lang po sila ngkasama sa isang bahay at madalas pang mg away. Nag abroad yung kaibgan ko at may nakilalang babae at masasabi nyang tlgang mahal nya. Mula noon sila na ngsama at ngkaroon na ng isang anak. tinigil narin nya ang suporta sa ex wife dahil may agreement namn sila na pagtatapusin sya at bhala na yung babae sa 2 anak nila. Bale 2 kurso tinapos ng babae dahil narin sa kanya. Pwede po ba Ipaannul yung kasal nila gayong di naman bukal sa loob nya pagpapakasal nung time na yun? Wala sa tabi nya mga magulang nya at natakot narin sya sa mga magulang ng babae kaya pumayag sya pakasal agad. May mairerekomenda po ba kayong abogado na bihasa sa mgfa ganitong kaso para masiguro pagkapanalo? Please patulong po...salamat!

10Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

stevmart

Arresto Menor

ngayon po e 34 years old na yung kaibigan ko at 36 naman yung babae...7 years na silang di nagkikita.

11Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:06 pm

attyLLL

expired na yung time to invoke lack of parental consent when he turned 26 plus napilitan and pinilit are two different things. pinilit requires something like a gun to his head to force him to marry.

12Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:21 pm

stevmart

Arresto Menor

Thank you atty for the immediate response. So ask ko lang po yung di na nila pagsasama ng matagal at wala ng communication, pwede na po ba yun mging grounds para sa annulment? Sabi ng kaibigan ko matagal na nyang kinalimutan ang pamilya nya pati mga anak at never naring nagpadala ng supporta. Sino sa kanilang dalwa ang pwede magsampa ng annulment? Pwede po bang yung lalaki ang gumalaw since xa ang may pera?

13Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm

attyLLL

see my answer to the original post. either of them can file a case for annulment. what is important is that they are able to prove a ground.

search 'grounds for annulment' in the forum

14Annullment Empty Re: Annullment Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:48 pm

stevmart

Arresto Menor

thank you po atty..!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum