Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please advice- Ex marriage Declared Null & Void & Remarrying Abroad

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sahara

Arresto Menor

Hello po, please I am desperate for your advice. To those who can relate, to those who have thoughts on my situation and lalo na po sa mga lawyers, please spare some time to read my dilemma.

My marriage was Declared Null and Void. Please don't lash out on my ignorance as we did not do it by the book. Embarassed Decision and Finality issued on 2009. I admit my ignorance and I know that 'ignorance of the law excuses no one', but I was really made to believe that was the best way to do it for everyone involve Sad and since my ex husband was more than willing to sign din naman po. I recall he did sign some documents, 'summon' po yata yun.

Fast forward, things went well. I received all documents like Annotated Marriage Contract, CEMAR with declaration of absoulite nullity. I was able to renew my passport 2years ago on my maiden name. And I was over the moon for it kasi I thought things are almost perfect. Na nabalik na maiden name ko and I have all the documents.

Then I met my new partner (foreigner) where I work overseas and we've been together for quite a while and finally decided to settle down. That's when I pulled my files/documents where I kept them all this time. I checked and sa paghahanap ko po ng info regarding requirements on getting married abroad, I came across this sad truth. I found out that the judge who granted the decision on my 'annulment' was disbarred and that's when it hit me. Hindi ko na po alam anong gagawin ko. I know I should have known better but I've been working overseas and wouldn't be allowed by my company to fly back and forth sa Philippines for my personal issue. And I did not know whether during that time I could have been allowed to file the annulment from overseas. I could have given up my job but I need to keep on working as I am the one supporting and raising my son.

When I found out about that, I tried my best to seek advice for legal remedy. On how to make things right, at this stage that I have already changed status and reinstated my maiden name, but I can't find any information Sad Sad Sad

I really need your advice. Sad If we get married here abroad, is our marriage valid? And if I report our marriage to the Phil Embassy, what are the risks? I've seen other posts saying they've been accused of 'fraud and misrepresentation', and I am so worried now po. Please please share your thoughts on this. Sad Sad

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

is the judge already disbarred, before or when the finality was issued..
IMO,
if no, then the declaration is valid,,

sahara

Arresto Menor

Hi, salamat for giving me some time. Aprreciate it.

He was disbarred after he issued the annulment po. But that he was disbarred because of issuing 'bogus decisions' on annulment.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

patay tayo dyan,,
nonetheless,
binding pa rin yong hatol nya sa yo,,,

sahara

Arresto Menor

I was able naman po to reinstate my maiden name sa passport 2yrs ago. My documents also are issued by NSO na annotated.

LandOwner12, the thing that bothers me the most.

- If we get married here aborad, valid po ba?
- If I submit my documents to Phil Embassy, in good faith, and God forbid may anomaly sa docs ko since it was not by the book nga po, am I at risk of being charged of 'fraud and misrepresentation'? Sad Sad Sad

Salamat sa time and attention..

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

valid ang subsequent marriage regardless of country.
no risk,
since valid ang annulment, unless merong mag-appeal sa case to question the judgement.

good luck,

sahara

Arresto Menor

Salamat po.. Medyo gumaan ang loob ko.. sobrang worried po ako sa situation ko..

Di po ba ako at risk sa kasong 'fraud' when I submit my docs sa embassy to report our marriage?

robertjuco.phil@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Kindly provide me your email address and mobile number so I could better explain to you your rights under the law.

http://robertjuco.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum