Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RESIGNATION HELP

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RESIGNATION HELP Empty RESIGNATION HELP Sat May 16, 2015 9:19 pm

lukefilewalker

Arresto Menor

I have a 5-month contract with a certain company here in PH.
According sa signed contract namin eh ganito:

"Your employment shall take effect on [date] until [date] for estimated period of 5 months. If the management assessment and evaluation showed that you are not qualified for the extension of your appointment, your contract shall be terminated at any time. On the other hand, if your performance passed the standards set by the company, then the management may recommend you to a probationary employment status subject to its approval."

"Pre-termination of this contract without valid notice within 30 days prior to the effectivity hereof and proper turn-over of documents shall incur the amount P xx,xxx, in the form of liquidated damages, without prejudice to the filing of any other legal action that may have accrued to the company by the reason of the said act as well as payment of Attorney's fee which is in no case less than P xx,xxx."

One month pa lang ako almost dito and this is my first job. Though okay pa naman ang feeling ko sa company ngayon, except for the long hours of travel (almost 3hours per way), baka makaramdam ako ng "wear and tear" sa katagalan. Ayaw ko naman mag-apartment or bedspace kasi baka wala nang matira sa sahod ko. In that case baka magresign ako.

Here is my question:

1. Do I need to file a resignation letter? If I should, does it need to be submitted 1 month before its effectivity?
2. Or can I just wait for the end of contract? Do I need to give them an advance notice of the non-renewal of my 5mos contract?

Hoping for your answers. Salamat po.

2RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Sun May 17, 2015 5:30 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

lukefilewalker wrote:
Here is my question:

1. Do I need to file a resignation letter? If I should, does it need to be submitted 1 month before its effectivity?
2. Or can I just wait for the end of contract? Do I need to give them an advance notice of the non-renewal of my 5mos contract?

Hoping for your answers. Salamat po.

1. Yes. If you want to leave ASAP, then you should do so as the contract indicates, else pay costs for damages.

2. That's also possible, but if you tell them that you will not wish to renew the contract, they may just end it immediately. Generally nobody gives more than 30 days notice unless it is in the contract.

http://www.councilviews.com

3RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Sun May 17, 2015 8:57 am

lukefilewalker

Arresto Menor

thanks for the response. So say today is the end of my contract, then I may opt not to sign a renewal contract and leave the office regardless of my pending task? Or should I tell them say 1 month before the end of my contract that I will not be renewing anymore?

4RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Sun May 17, 2015 10:05 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

lukefilewalker wrote:thanks for the response. So say today is the end of my contract, then I may opt not to sign a renewal contract and leave the office regardless of my pending task? Or should I tell them say 1 month before the end of my contract that I will not be renewing anymore?

You still need to give proper notice if you do not wish to renew the contract or if you do not wish to accept the probationary appointment.

5RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Sun May 17, 2015 11:27 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

i believe in the saying,
'do not burn bridges."

6RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 pm

lukefilewalker

Arresto Menor

By the way, this is my first job. I just passed my board exam last year. hehe. Would working in a company for 5 months be a not-so-good record in my resume?

7RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Sun May 17, 2015 2:14 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

lukefilewalker wrote:By the way, this is my first job. I just passed my board exam last year. hehe. Would working in a company for 5 months be a not-so-good record in my resume?

Not really.

But the other companies will ask why you did not complete the term.

8RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 am

ken1813

Arresto Menor

Last edited by ken1813 on Mon May 18, 2015 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : question already answered thanks)

9RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

ang tanong, pumasok ka pa ba that day?
if wala ka naman nang way para access login mo, so safe ka na..
pero, kung until last minute of your last day, eh nagtratrabaho ka pa, then paaano yong mga clearance mo?

10RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Mon May 18, 2015 5:03 pm

lukefilewalker

Arresto Menor

Who should I notify first that I will not be renewing my contract? HR staff or my immediate supervisor?

11RESIGNATION HELP Empty Re: RESIGNATION HELP Mon May 18, 2015 6:18 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

lukefilewalker wrote:Who should I notify first that I  will not be renewing my contract? HR staff or my immediate supervisor?

Generally a resignation goes to your supervisor, however since this is a contract renewal, you may have to go to HR so they don't need to make a new offer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum