Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONTESTABILITY

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CONTESTABILITY Empty CONTESTABILITY Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 pm

jevic1957

Arresto Menor

A few months back, I was asked by my manager to assist on a situation requiring convincing my teammates to do a certain task. My colleagues were a little resistant to doing the task as it may impact their relationship with their clients. My manager said I can help since I was most senior and I was basically next in line to be promoted to lead position once the current lead gets promoed or resigns or for whatever reason an oepning for the post becomes available. Now, without any notice they promoted another person instead. CanI contest this decision or what are my options?

2CONTESTABILITY Empty Re: CONTESTABILITY Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

jevic1957 wrote:A few months back, I was asked by my manager to assist on a situation requiring convincing my teammates to do a certain task. My colleagues were a little  resistant to doing the task as it may impact their relationship with their clients. My manager said I can help since I was most senior and I was basically next in line to be promoted to lead position once the current lead gets promoed or resigns or for whatever reason an oepning for the post becomes available. Now, without any notice they promoted another person instead. CanI contest this decision or what are my options?

You can contest - it is your right to do so.

But if you're hoping that they will agree with you and change their decision - I doubt it. Management has prerogative to choose who to move to other positions.

It's not only your manager who has the final decision on who to promote.

And any conversation is not a guarantee of anything.

http://www.councilviews.com

3CONTESTABILITY Empty Re: CONTESTABILITY Tue May 05, 2015 8:15 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes. agreed with Council.

what you can do?
2 options
a. still do your best and the prove them you deserve the position, but in doing this, u still need to follow the new boss... if that will be your immediate leader.
b. explore the horizon, there are many fish in the ocean,, if you think your skills and talents can be recognized somewhere else, go, carry mo yan,,
good luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum