Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

illegitimate children

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1illegitimate children Empty illegitimate children Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

how is legitimation done? Example my children are illegitimate because me and my husband are not yet marriesld. But he acknowledged all of them and we are planning of getting married soon. if we get married then, are my children automatically be legitimate?

2illegitimate children Empty Re: illegitimate children Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:17 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

Civil code,
Title VIII. - PATERNITY AND FILIATION

CHAPTER 1-3
LEGITIMATE CHILDREN
if i understand it right,
yes, the marriage will automatically made them legit..

3illegitimate children Empty Re: illegitimate children Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 am

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

sam joy wrote:how is legitimation done? Example my children are illegitimate because me and my husband are not yet marriesld. But he acknowledged all of them and we are planning of getting married soon. if we get married then, are my children automatically be legitimate?

Wordings lang.  No and will never be legitimate.  They are tagged as legitimated as soon as the status of their parents in their birth certificate is annotated from non married to married.  Can I assume they are registered with the office of civil registry carrying the surname of the father already?

Last edited by centro on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

4illegitimate children Empty Re: illegitimate children Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

not all of them. My first child carries my surname. The last two carries his. Im sorry i dont get the third line. "they are tagged as legitimated as soon as the status of their parents be annotated from non married to married"

5illegitimate children Empty Re: illegitimate children Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

as per Centro's comment,
Legitimate is by birth, Legitimation/ligitimated is of course after birth, a process that enable them to have the same piece of the pie as the Legitimate.
3rd line says ''as soon as the parents get legally married".

for ur first kid, u need additional process. u need certificate of acknowledgement from the father, then send this to civil registrar, they will forward this to central NSO to reflect his new surname.

6illegitimate children Empty Re: illegitimate children Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

After marriage, what are the procedures that i have to go to for the legitimation of my children?

7illegitimate children Empty Re: illegitimate children Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:47 am

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

File the correction at the office of the civil registry where the birth registration was filed for the correction. Documents required are submitted and there should be no other impediments on your marriage. This can be filed without a need for a judicial order.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum