Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

attendance incentives

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1attendance incentives Empty attendance incentives Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm

chachong

Arresto Menor

hello good evening.
i badly need your help can you please help me out...

i have a ton on questions...
what happened was we were hired for this call center under a contractual basis.
we were initially hired from feb 4, 2015-march 31, 2015 but was surprised when we received a txt from the company saying they have something to discuss with me. upon hearing this, i went only to find out that the purpose of this meeting was to let us know that our contract has been ended early.
there is a part on our contract that says our contract can end anytime but does that mean that we don't get atleast a day notice? some of my friends were asked to log out from work and was told that, that day was there last day.
also when we signed the contract there was a clause for attendance bonus saying that if we do not incur any absences for the duration of the contract we will get 10,000.
since ur contact ended earlier than expected, this attendance incentive was also prorated. Can it be prorated? Also is this TAXABLE?

i am hoping for your kind response. i sincerely need your help. pls help me out.

sincerely yours,
Cha Chong

2attendance incentives Empty Re: attendance incentives Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:27 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

chachong wrote:hello good evening.
i badly need your help can you please help me out...

i have a ton on questions...
what happened was we were hired for this call center under a contractual basis.
we were initially hired from feb 4, 2015-march 31, 2015 but was surprised when we received a txt from the company saying they have something to discuss with me. upon hearing this, i went only to find out that the purpose of this meeting was to let us know that our contract has been ended early.
there is a part on our contract that says our contract can end anytime but does that mean that we don't get atleast a day notice? some of my friends were asked to log out from work and was told that, that day was there last day.
also when we signed the contract there was a clause for attendance bonus saying that if we do not incur any absences for the duration of the contract we will get 10,000.
since ur contact ended earlier than expected, this attendance incentive was also prorated. Can it be prorated? Also is this TAXABLE?

i am hoping for your kind response. i sincerely need your help. pls help me out.

sincerely yours,
Cha Chong

Ideally, it would be nice to have enough notice, but since this situation in most cases is client-mandated, they have to comply with the directive. At least they told it to you face-to-face.

It's tough to tell someone that it's their last day "tomorrow" because sometimes the employee would either go awol, or do something "bad" in the office while waiting for that last day at work.

The allowance may be pro-rated since you would not complete the whole period required. And unless clearly stated that it is non-taxable, then the appropriate taxes will be computed.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum