Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No BIR 2316 from previous employer

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No BIR 2316 from previous employer Empty No BIR 2316 from previous employer Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 am

Jin

Arresto Mayor

Hello,

I'm sure you can help me with my inquiry,I'm an employee of a private company then I resigned and worked to other company,
My previous employer did not yet give my BIR 2316, they said they will just give that after I settle my remaining accountabilities.
My question is, can I still file my ITR even though I dont have BIR 2316 from my previous employer? And does an employer have the rights not to give or to hold the BIR 2316 of an employee?

Thanks,
Jin

2No BIR 2316 from previous employer Empty Re: No BIR 2316 from previous employer Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:13 pm

attyLLL

technically, no, they don't have the right to withhold it. Nevertheless, you will have to file a complaint at the BIR to get them to do something about it.

you can still file your ITR. you can add an explanatory note that your old employer is withholding your 2316. you can substantiate your tax payments with payslips instead.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3No BIR 2316 from previous employer Empty Re: No BIR 2316 from previous employer Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am

Jin

Arresto Mayor

Thank you very much for that information.

4No BIR 2316 from previous employer Empty Re: No BIR 2316 from previous employer Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:39 pm

arthursaunar

Arresto Menor

Hi I also have an issue with this 2316, since my previous employer is not releasing it, unless all the accounts are all cleared. It seems that my former employer just do not want to release it due to some personal matters. So it is absolute that the employer do not have the right in not issuing this certificate..If it is. how fast does the BIR address this kind of problem?

5No BIR 2316 from previous employer Empty Re: No BIR 2316 from previous employer Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 am

attyLLL

normally not fast enough, but they won't unless you file the complaint.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6No BIR 2316 from previous employer Empty Re: No BIR 2316 from previous employer Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Airzhore

Arresto Menor

Hi sir,
My concern is the same . Yung dati kong employer ayaw ibigay ang 2316 form for the period January-June 2014 . Last day ko sa kanila ay July 15,2014
When I asked them if I can get a copy of my 2316 they said " they are too busy to entertain my request"

Is that legal?
And also what if...

What if my previous employer doesn't file my income tax for the period of Jan -June 2014? What will happen to all tax deducted from my salary and commission?
Will they refund all the taxes deducted from my salary and commission?

Hope you can help me.
Thank you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum