Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

URGENT!Using name but found out later on that my nickname is the one registered to NSO

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Abi_Gay

Arresto Menor

Hello po! Im Karen Garcia Servillano...my problem is, karen po eversince ang ginagamit kong pangalan ang nickname ko po ay love..nung kumuha po ako ng bc sa NSO ay love garcia servillano po pala ang nakarehistro..ano po ang dapat kong gawin?pls reply po,i badly needed your advice...thank you very much po..

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Abi_Gay wrote:Hello po! Im Karen Garcia Servillano...my problem is, karen po eversince ang ginagamit kong pangalan ang nickname ko po ay love..nung kumuha po ako ng bc sa NSO ay love garcia servillano po pala ang nakarehistro..ano po ang dapat kong gawin?pls reply po,i badly needed your advice...thank you very much po..

Your official name therefore is Love. To be consistent, maaari mong papalit ang mahalagang identification mo ayon sa NSO authenticated name mo tulad ng school, government records, license etc using your BC and a legal document as basis. Suggest ko magtanong ka sa ibang institution kung gaano kadali magpapalit ng name sa IDs.

Or maaari mong papalit ang name mo sa Office of Civil Registrar to Karen sa Birth Certificate. But this requires a tedious procedure with a court petition. Bumisita ka sa City/Town Hall office kung paano ang procedure, magkano at gaano katagal.

Pagnakakuha kana ng facts at ideya ng costs sa two options, magdecide ka.

Abi_Gay

Arresto Menor

Hello centro! Thank u very much for the info,yung 2nd option po ang ginawa ko..but since im already residing in japan eh yung lola ko ang nag asikaso nyan.May nakuha siyang authenticated birth cert sa NSO na may nakasulat sa side ng bc na " Love or/and Karen Servillano is the same person...yun na po ba yung sinasabi nilang annotation? Kasi po hindi tinanggap dto sa embassy ng japan..ngaun naman po may sinasabi pang may kukunin daw po sa RTC...masyado na pong madaming proseso.pls give me idea...thanks po ulit!😀

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

My interpretation.
What your Lola did was made an affidavit Love and Karen are one and the same.  It was a mere administrative entry with the Office of the Civil Registry without a judicial proceeding.  (Tama ba?)
What the embassy is looking for is the BC of Karen which requires a change of name.  Thus they are looking for a certified copy of judgement changing your name which is a result of a petition filed in the Regional Trial Court.  (This requires filing a case, hiring a lawyer, submitting official documents, filing a fee, scheduling a hearing, publishing the order and after some time if the court finds the petition meritorious, issues a copy of judgement.)
Your Lola needs to consult a lawyer to work closely with the Office of the Civil Registry where you are registered if this is what the embassy is looking for.  (You may want to verify also with the embassy if this is correct.)
Again these are my interpretation based on the info I read.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum