Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need advice Empty need advice Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 am

angel15

Arresto Menor

Good day! I need advice po kung puede ba akong mag demand ng financial support ng anak ko. Hindi po ako kasal sa kanya at hiwalay na kami recently lang may una syang asawa legally married with two kids then nag asawa ulit with two kids ulit both are claiming they are the legal wife which was one reason we never got married cz of the status on both wives and now he left us again and my 10 yr old daughter for another woman. I know my child is illegitimate since we never got married and he signed the birth certificate which was actually filed abroad where she was born and my daughter follow his surname so there is no question na he accept his daughter we've been together for almost 12 yrs but unfortunately we need to partways as he again found another to be with.Is my daughter entitled to any financial support? And what to file against him in case he protest on giving support to our daughter.kindly advise me on this thank you po and God bless.

2need advice Empty Re: need advice Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Yes, your daughter is entitled to support from the father.

Under the Family Code of the Philippines, a parent has the duty to provide support to his child. This support covers living, educational and medical expenses.

There are two (2) options for you in order to collect child support payments from the father:

1. Criminal Case for violation of RA 9262 (Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children (Anti-VAWC)) but your former partner must be physically present in the Philippines; OR

2. Civil Case for Child Support

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

Last edited by Katrina288 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo error)

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3need advice Empty Re: need advice Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:54 am

angel15

Arresto Menor

Thanks po,yes i think he is still in the Philippines but hiding we do not know exactly where he is at the moment but i just heard nagsasama na sila nung babae based on the pictures that was posted on social media.He refused to answer calls text messages or emails.would you mind kung hingin ko po and email add ninyo.salamat

4need advice Empty Re: need advice Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:36 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Noted po on the additional information.

You may send a direct email to km@kgmlegal.ph

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum