Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question about conjugal property

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A question about conjugal property Empty A question about conjugal property Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:33 pm

edwinic

Arresto Menor

A piece of land was awarded to my mother-in-law by NHA. She asked her daughter (my wife) to build a house in it and we lived there together.
Eventually, the land was titled legally in my (and wife's) name.
My question is: Is this property a conjugal one?

Please note : All parties are still living in harmony and no animosity in between them

Thank you for your advises.

2A question about conjugal property Empty Re: A question about conjugal property Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:36 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Not conjugal. But exclusive property of your wife for she acquired it through gratuitious title.

3A question about conjugal property Empty Re: A question about conjugal property Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:57 pm

edwinic

Arresto Menor

tsi ming choi wrote:Not conjugal. But exclusive property of your wife for she acquired it through gratuitious title.

hi tsi ming choi,
many thanks for your input. I just want to point out the following points;
- the title was eventually titled to "Spouses EI and RI..."
- My wife and I paid for the purchase to NHA
- We were married when NHA awarded to my mom-in-law
- Mom in law is a widow

Thanks once more.

4A question about conjugal property Empty Re: A question about conjugal property Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:54 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

I see, ive read this part as:
edwinic wrote:
Your spouse name. I misappreciate the fact. But since it was named to both of you,then it is considered as part of community property (conjugal).

5A question about conjugal property Empty Re: A question about conjugal property Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:35 pm

edwinic

Arresto Menor

tsi ming choi wrote:I see, ive read this part as:
edwinic wrote:
Your spouse name. I misappreciate the fact. But since it was named to both of you,then it is considered as part of community property (conjugal).
Thank you for clarification. My worry is that, maybe in the future my wife will dump me saying that the lot was all hers. Now I feel better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum