Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non-compete (Foreign Company)

+2
council
Pear
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non-compete (Foreign Company) Empty Non-compete (Foreign Company) Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Pear

Arresto Menor

Good day Everyone,

I would like to ask for your help, I really don't have an idea. Is the non-compete still effective if the Company that will hire you is a foreign company?

Thanks!

2Non-compete (Foreign Company) Empty Re: Non-compete (Foreign Company) Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:28 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, especially if it is based in PH, as long as the non-compete clause is not contrary to law, public policy or morals, etc.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Non-compete (Foreign Company) Empty Re: Non-compete (Foreign Company) Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:02 pm

evans99

Arresto Menor

council wrote:Yes, especially if it is based in PH, as long as the non-compete clause is not contrary to law, public policy or morals, etc.

Hi sir, ask ko lang po what if yung ncc ko po is with a PH company and yung lilipatan kong company is based sa ibang bansa? Effective pa rin po ba yung ncc? Although sa contract ko nakalagay doon ay

"This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of the Philippines"

Thank you sir Smile

4Non-compete (Foreign Company) Empty Re: Non-compete (Foreign Company) Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:55 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

evans99 wrote:
council wrote:Yes, especially if it is based in PH, as long as the non-compete clause is not contrary to law, public policy or morals, etc.

Hi sir, ask ko lang po what if yung ncc ko po is with a PH company and yung lilipatan kong company is based sa ibang bansa? Effective pa rin po ba yung ncc? Although sa contract ko nakalagay doon ay

"This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of the Philippines"

Thank you sir Smile

Kung yung NCC is based from your previous PH company, the NCC will be effective only on "reasonable" distance. Theoretically, if you will go to another municipality or province, the NCC may not apply to you anymore but it is subject to interpretation by labor arbiters and the courts if there will be litigation.

If you are going to another country, I would surmise that the NCC will not be effective in that jurisdiction. But again, this is subject to the interpretation of the labor arbiters and courts if there will be a case filed against you.

Better yet, seek legal advice from a labor lawyer just to know what may be the legal effects of a valid or invalid NCC.

5Non-compete (Foreign Company) Empty Re: Non-compete (Foreign Company) Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Juan.Tamad

Arresto Menor

Hello Po,

Please advice po. Bago lng po ako nag resign sa companyang dati ko pinagtatrabahuan. Yong contract ko po dati ay may non-compete clause, pro yong contract po is hindi permado ng Lawyer, it's only an agreement between me and my employer. Tapos young client nla na hinandle ko when I was working with them ay kinontak ako, at gusto nya e end ang contract sa dati kong company and I will be working directly to him. Ask ko lng po, pag nalaman po ba to ng companya ay may chance po ba na kasuhan nila ako? Please advice po. Thanks!

6Non-compete (Foreign Company) Empty Re: Non-compete (Foreign Company) Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:08 am

heartofachampion

Arresto Menor

Hi. Is a non compete clause applicable kapag same industry pero sa ibang bansa base yung lilipatang company? Especially pag walang nakalagay na specific jurisdiction doon sa NCC? My NCC is one year after resignation. Thank you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum