Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Returning of company-issued gadgets after resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

toffee

Arresto Menor

I just want to know if the company can legally force me to return the company-issued gadgets after resignation even if the company has not paid my previous salaries.  

Here's the situation, the company has stopped paying our salaries which started last April 2014 due to financial problem.  After about 3 months, I decided not to go to work anymore but promised to return when the company gets some fundings.  

Technically, the company owes me about 3 months of my salary. Now, I'm planning to resign but I'm afraid they might ask me to return the gadgets.  Legally, can I hold these gadgets until they pay my salary?

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

Toffee: I believe that you cannot keep the company owned gadgets by reason of non-payment of salaries for 3 months. You very well know that the same were issued to you, therefore you have an obligation to return..otherwise the company might file a theft case against you.

If you want to enforce payment of your unpaid salary, advice is file a labor case with the NLRC.

Thanks

Atty Karl Rove

toffee

Arresto Menor

Thanks Atty Karl

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum