Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forced to become a witness in annulment case

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kyle2014

Arresto Menor

Hi everybody! I just would like to seek advice about my situation. Way back 2004, I had a relationship with a married man for just more than a month. Hiniwalayan ko sya after I found out the truth na married sya kaya hindi masyado kami nagtagal. After that we never communicate again up until now. Kaya nabigla ako when his wife contacted me again thru my online store & keep sending me email asking me to become the witness of their annulment case. Ang Sabi nya gawa lang daw ako ng testimony at email ko sa kanya sya na daw po ang magpanotarize & no need personal appearance. Pwede po ba yon? I refused to do it because I have my own family now & sobrang tagal na po nun. Nagalit sya sa akin & told me that the court wil send subpoena para mag appear ako sa hearing? Pwede po ba yon? The fact na
wala naman akong signed affidavit na binigay sa kanila or any docs signed by me related to this case. Sa Manila ang case nasa Visayas po ako. I hope matulungan nyo po ako. Thank you so much to this page you really did help lots of people! Tnx.

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

kyle 2014: A witness is one, under the law, who have personal knowledge about a given matter of fact in a given adversarial proceeding. Question is, what event/s or matters of fact you would testify on the annulment case featuring your former Ex, if I may say. You are required to bear witness to what???? You dont even know, I suppose, the grounds relied upon by your ex's wife in filing the annulment. In other words, you are an incompetent witness.

However, if you are called or summoned to establish, say, the incorrigibility of your Ex relative to his sexual adventures before to prove marital infidelity, then I must say, you could be a material witness to such a fact.

Hope this would enlighten you.

kyle2014

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much sir karl sa reply. Hindi ko rin po alam kung bakit ako ang pinipilit niyang gawing witness. Ang sabi po niya ikukuwento ko lahat (in detailed) yong naging relasyon namin ng kanyang husband at yon lang wala ng iba. I can hardly recall all the details. If i will grant her favor sir is it possible na hindi na kailangan ang personal appearance ko during hearings? Enough na ba yong written testimony ko notarized by a lawyer? Ayoko po sana mainvolve dito kasi tahimik na buhay ko.

Additionally, the wife keep sending me emails containing defamatory words causing me psychological stress. I saved all her messages because I'm planning of suing her if she wont stop it. Will it be a credible evidence against her? thanks again!

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

kyle2014 wrote:Thank you so much sir karl sa reply. Hindi ko rin po alam kung bakit ako ang pinipilit niyang gawing witness. Ang sabi po niya ikukuwento ko lahat (in detailed) yong naging relasyon namin ng kanyang husband at yon lang wala ng iba.  I can hardly recall all the details. If i will grant her favor sir is it possible na hindi na kailangan ang personal appearance ko during hearings? Enough na ba yong written testimony ko notarized by a lawyer? Ayoko po sana mainvolve dito kasi tahimik na buhay ko.

Additionally, the wife keep sending me emails containing defamatory words causing me psychological stress. I saved all her messages because I'm planning of suing her if she wont stop it. Will it be a credible evidence against her? thanks again!

Your affidavit would be enough, unless the court will ask you to appear personally.

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

kyle2014: as I have told you, there is no reason for you to be involve in that case. Its possible the wife is fishing for evidence that she might use againsy you for future litigation wherein you might be the respondent.

On the matter of the wife's continuous sending of embarrasing and humilitating emails, I dare say, you have a cause of action against her for causing stress and disturbance via the internet.

For further discussion, kindly pm me.

tnxs

kyle2014

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for all the advises and for taking time to reply or answer my queries. I appreciated it so much. Thank you karl and Concepab. God bless you all!

kyle2014

Arresto Menor

*advices

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum