Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ownership as single

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ownership as single Empty ownership as single Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:05 pm

ana_banana

Arresto Menor

hello atty,
i would like to consult my case. a few months back, my father-in-law had offered us a condominium property to buy, initially he had paid the downpayment then he said that if we want we just pay the rest of the amount due monthly. He then asked my husband to prepare all the documents as the ownership would be transfered to my husband's name. He also mentioned that my husband declare that he is single because if he declares that he is married the agent would require a lot of documents . My question is would that be classified under falsification of documents if in future he declares that he is married and would want to include my name in the ownership title?thanks

2ownership as single Empty Re: ownership as single Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 pm

attyLLL

ok, there are some implications here but let me just answer your specific question.

i assume that there is a contract, probably a contract to sell because there are installment payments. if it is a notarized document then there is a falsity which he has sworn to be true. this makes him vulnerable to a charge of falsification of public documents.

in addition, if a title issued in his name and then you later want it amended to include yours, you would have to file a petition in court to do so. i recommend you try to correct this matter in the contract if it is possible.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum