Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does "child support system" still apply even if the child is over 18 years of age?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LauraGomez

Arresto Menor

Good day!

Recently, my father have been delaying remittance from abroad. He said that, for the mean time, we should use our "emergency savings (money that we saved in case of emergency)" to cover our expense. He even said to me, his daughter, that I should use the money from my bank savings account to cover my tuition fee. This normally doesn't happen, and I feel anxious. Do I still have the right to get support from my father even if I'm already 19 years old? I know I should be independent at this age, but I still haven't finished college. Thank you in advance.

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

You are entitled to support until you're done with your chosen degree.

LauraGomez

Arresto Menor

Thank you for answering my question, Arresto Mayor. Is the support not only limited to my tuition fee? If then, what does it cover?

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

Under the Family Code, "Support comprises everything indispensable for sustenance, dwelling, clothing, medical attendance, education and transportation, in keeping with the financial capacity of the family.

The education of the person entitled to be supported referred to in the preceding paragraph shall include his schooling or training for some profession, trade or vocation, even beyond the age of majority. Transportation shall include expenses in going to and from school, or to and from place of work."

LauraGomez

Arresto Menor

Is there a case I can file against my father if he no longer pursue to support me?

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

Yes, petition for support.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum