Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of Father for an Illegitimate Child

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rights of Father for an Illegitimate Child Empty Rights of Father for an Illegitimate Child Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:34 am

callmeSuma

Arresto Menor

Good day.

I am 20 years old. I have a daughter but I am not married. My boyfriend's name was excluded from the birth certificate because my parents disapprove of him. Currently, me and my child live at my parents'. They insisted that my boyfriend cannot visit our child.

Here are my specific questions:
1) If his name was excluded from the child's birth certificate, can he still be recognized as the biological father or a father at all?
2) Is there a way that he can be recognized?
3) Does he have any rights to our child?
4) Does my parents have the right to disallow him to visit our child?
5) Can he demand visitation rights?
6) Is marriage and adoption the only way that our child can use his surname?

These are just specific question. I would really love to read what you can recommend and say about this matter.

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

Your bf should execute an affidavit recognizing the child, file it at the lcr and request for the change of name of the child. He is entitled to reasonable visitation rights and your parents cannot prohibit him from exercising such right.

gipeyan

Arresto Menor

good day.

i have a child and his mother, my partner passed away. we are not married. the parents of my partner do not want yo give my son to me. i am the father and because his mother was gone, i thought i have the full responsibility for my child. what can i do to get my child from them?

thank you.

gipeyan

Arresto Menor

good day.

i have a child and his mother, my partner passed away. we are not married. the parents of my partner do not want to give my son to me. i am the father and because his mother was gone, i thought i have the full responsibility for my child. what can i do to get my child from them?

thank you.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

gipeyan wrote:good day.

i have a child and his mother, my partner passed away. we are not married. the parents of my partner do not want to give my son to me. i am the father and because his mother was gone, i thought i have the full responsibility for my child. what can i do to get my child from them?

thank you.

Since the child is illegitimate, the mother has full parental authority over the child. the father is only granted with a considerable visitation rights and obligation to provide support.

But in this case the mother is already dead and that terminates her the parental authority. However, the Father cannot just simple jump in and assume the obligations without court approval. (Art. 210. Parental authority and responsibility may not be renounced or transferred except in the cases authorized by law). In this case, the surviving grandparents can assume parental authority. (Art. 214. In case of death, absence or unsuitability of the parents, substitute parental authority shall be exercised by the surviving grandparent. In case several survive, the one designated by the court, taking into account the same consideration mentioned in the preceding article, shall exercise the authority.)

IMO, you may file a petition to get the custody of your child. Seek a help from a lawyer expert in this kind of case.

Good luck!

Mavericc

Arresto Menor

Greetings,

I have a question about my parental situation. My live in partner passed away earlier this year and we have a 5 year old daughter together. My name is on her birth certificate as her biological Father which I am. I have custody of her now. But if my partners family tries to take her....do they have a legal right to do so? *(I want to make note that my partners Father is NOT her biological Father. My partner was adopted...so her family has no legal right to her as I understand the law) And if they try....what can I do about it within the standing of the law?

Thanks in advance.

Mavericc

Last edited by Mavericc on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addendum)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum