Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transfer of assignment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1transfer of assignment Empty transfer of assignment Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

Good day!

Need legal advice please help...

Reason of transfer to branch and change of position as XXXXXXXX per resolution:

failure to perform duties such as the following:

[a] failure to coordinate works with the manager and co-employees;
[b] failure to coordinate with, and monitor the External Auditor

(WHICH WERE APPEALED)

In a separate resolution:

WHEREAS, effective (date), XXXXXXXX is transfered to branch office as an XXXXXXXX;

...in addition to the duties and responsibilities as an XXXXXXXX directed to prepare and submit the reportorial requirements(of the previous assignment)

Can the management force him/her to accept the additional responsibility?

Is there a law protecting employees with this kind of situation?

Regards.

2transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 pm

attyLLL

does this amount to a demotion? is there a reduction in pay or lowering of rank? where was the previous position and where is the branch?

much depends on the circumstances. nevertheless, it is part of the management prerogative to assign an employee wherever it deems necessary as long as it is justified and there is no bad faith in doing so.

if the transfer is amounts to a demotion, then it may be questioned as a constructive dismissal.

the remedy is to file a complaint at NLRC.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:06 am

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

thank you attyLLL for you immediate response

it was a demotion in rank with the same pay but without the privilege of the previous position

the previous position is in the head office and the new assignment is in the branch

Ang concern po is yung additional duties na dinadagdag sa current assignment ay duties ng previous position, pwede po ba nila i-insist na tanggapin ko yun? Nung matransfer po humingi ako ng traveling allowance kasi malaki ang nadagdag na gastos sakin sa pamasahe considering nung i-hire nila ko alam nila na kaya ko tinanggap dahil sa proximity ng inuuwian ko sa opisina,na disapprove po yung request ko for the traveling allowance...

Pareho pa rin po ba ang remedy?

Regards.

4transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 pm

attyLLL

So this demotion and transfer is a punishment? what privileges did you lose?

travel allowance is not required to be paid by the company when, for example, the previous and new locations are both in metro manila. if outside, then the normal practice is to give a one-time relocation allowance.

what you can question is the basis for the demotion, and if this is being done to get you to resign. yes, the remedy is a complaint at the nlrc.

5transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:12 pm

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

atty.

how about the additional duties they are imposing? can they force me to accept them?

thank you...

6transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:17 pm

attyLLL

is it a terrible burden to do so? do you think they are doing so to make you resign?

if so, you can write a letter to management stating that you believe that the imposition of the additional duties is tantamount to constructive dismissal which you will question in nlrc. hopefully this will make them rethink their decision.

7transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

yes it is a burden because my license is at risk... one of my officemates told me that their real intent is to make me resign...

thank you atty.

8transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:30 pm

attyLLL

again, my advice is you write the letter to management. good luck.

9transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:08 pm

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

atty. I already sent them a letter, I am now waiting for their response... how long should I wait and when will my right to sue prescribe?

thank you in advance

10transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:40 pm

attyLLL

send a follow up letter after 2 weeks. if you will opt to stay in the company and file a case for illegal demotion, you should do it within a year since the demotion. if your leave you have 3 years, but i recommend you file it quickly.

11transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:55 am

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

good day atty.

finally after several months they decided to talk to me and hear my side, we have agreed on several conditions, i'm hoping they will honor that agreement...

just in case they will violate it, what is my remedy?

regards.

12transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:59 pm

attyLLL

it depends on the violation, but still it's either dole or the nlrc which can provide resolution. good to hear that you were able to work something out.

13transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

regit_jill

Arresto Menor

thank you atty. your advices are very much appreciated... Very Happy

14transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Mon May 09, 2011 2:18 pm

shylock

Arresto Menor

i need some advice on this transfer of work assignment, currently my work (real estate co.)assignment is near my rented house and just two rides away, now we are about to be transfer to our head office in makati which is 6 rides away, this is very inconvenient for me and i'm afraid i will not be able to report on time, the company dont give any additional pay or allowances in this cases and surely my takehome pay will be diminished. I been thinking that this is a constructive dismissal and has come to my mind of resigning, but work is so difficult to find this days, i need your advice on this, i dont know what to do.

15transfer of assignment Empty Re: transfer of assignment Mon May 09, 2011 5:31 pm

attyLLL

that does not sound like the transfer was designed to make you resign. a company has the right to transfer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum