Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate child/citizenship

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegitimate child/citizenship Empty Illegitimate child/citizenship Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:47 pm

confusedMOM

Arresto Menor

Hi, magandang araw po.
I have a daughter who is 23yo & her father is 74yo japanese citizen. Hindi kami kasal kasi may family siyang iba sa japan pero noong nanganak ako he was there and he signed the birth certificate and ung ung affidavit of acknowledgement. My question if my daughter is eligible for japan citizenship. or if she can just file for dual citizenship? gusto niya kasi magtrabaho doon ng hindi gumagamit ng working visa at ayaw din naman niyang humingi ng tulong sa papa niya baka daw kasi magulo pa iyong family doon. Thank you po.

2Illegitimate child/citizenship Empty Re: Illegitimate child/citizenship Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:52 pm

attyLLL

i'm not competent to answer your question because i am not knowledgeable in japanese citizenship law. what one of the posters here said is that she has to choose japanese nationality by age 22.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Illegitimate child/citizenship Empty Re: Illegitimate child/citizenship Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:22 pm

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

attyLLL is correct. I have a friend who is a Japanese national also holding a foreign nationality. According to him, when he turned 20, he was required to choose one sole citizenship (Japanese or foreign) within 2 years (ie, before the age of 22) as it is not allowed to have Japan Dual Citizenship.

sifone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum