Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

new member -Jim

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1new member -Jim Empty new member -Jim Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:06 pm

jimadden

Arresto Menor

In March 2011 my ex-wife (Philipina) and I entered into a Memorandum of Agreement where I gave her a house and lot in Pampanga, a Pajero SUV, and a sizable amount of Pesos. She gave me Irrevocable Power of Attorney to do what I wanted with the lot that we bought in April 2010 in Dumaguete. In July 2011 (because she was vindictive) she filed a case R.A. 9262 against me - entirely without merit. We, with our attorneys, met with the prosecutor over several months going to court in Sept. 2011. Almost every month I have been making appearances not seeing much progress. The judge issued a Hold Departure Order May 2011.I appealed the H.D.O. because of a heart condition that has been attended to in June each year with my Cardiologist in the U.S. The judge said that the U.S. does not have a monopoly on good Cardiologists - that they are every bit as good here in the Philippines. I went to Cebu City last May where I had tests done by a fine Cardiologist. He said that my heart was fine and gave me a referral to a Dr. in Dumaguete. Jan. 16th I had a stroke and was admitted into St. Lukes - Quezon City for 1 week. When I returned to Dumagete I saw my lawyer and he got my paperwork from St. Luke's and copies of my proof insurance in the U.S. He was going to appeal again to the judge to give me an Allow Departure so I could have the medical treatment with a DR. familiar with my history and where my insurance would cover the cost. I have not heard back from my lawyer about the appeal which was to take place last week. I have more info but I am trying to keep it short. I feel that my ex-wife knows how to use the judicial system to her advantage even though there is no truth in her accusations. I also feel that I have a disadvantage being a foreigner.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum