Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clerical Error (Middle Name)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clerical Error (Middle Name) Empty Clerical Error (Middle Name) Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:19 am

daikonran

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm Kaye and I filed for a petition to correct my middle name (my middle name is my grandmother's maiden surname) since May 2011.

However, I've been visiting the Civil Registry in Alabang for the past (almost) 3 years and still no update. They keep telling me that my papers are still pending in NSO Manila and in 'Motion for Reconsideration'. I asked them why is it so and they told me there is something wrong with the documents. I've been calling the NSO office in Manila but they keep on telling me that I should ask updates from Alabang instead.

I don't know why it's taking so long. These people are making me go around in circles. What should I do?

Thanks!

2Clerical Error (Middle Name) Empty Re: Clerical Error (Middle Name) Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:45 am

Jemstone

Arresto Menor

Any update ate? Ang tagal ng process grabe sa akon kakasimula pa lang,

3Clerical Error (Middle Name) Empty Re: Clerical Error (Middle Name) Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:27 am

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

daikonran wrote:Hi,

I'm Kaye and I filed for a petition to correct my middle name (my middle name is my grandmother's maiden surname) since May 2011.

However, I've been visiting the Civil Registry in Alabang for the past (almost) 3 years and still no update. They keep telling me that my papers are still pending in NSO Manila and in 'Motion for Reconsideration'. I asked them why is it so and they told me there is something wrong with the documents. I've been calling the NSO office in Manila but they keep on telling me that I should ask updates from Alabang instead.

I don't know why it's taking so long. These people are making me go around in circles. What should I do?

Thanks!

Troubleshooting guide:
1. Check with the court where the petition was filed. What exactly was the decision? This should have been forwarded to the Alabang Office of Civil Registry.
2. Check with the Office of Civil Registry. What action did they do? If OK, they should have updated your record with an annotation and sent the results to NSO for master data updating. If not OK, there should be a follow up of corrective action.
3. NSO does not update without notice from the Office of Civil Registry.
Your inputs on timeline as to when you filed the petition, court hearing done, feedback by OCR until the correction will be appreciated for our own learning.
Hope it turns out favorable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum