Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice please regarding bounced check

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advice please regarding bounced check Empty Advice please regarding bounced check Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:30 pm

JeremainePrieto

Arresto Menor

Good day,

Three years ago, a friend of mine (now deceased) asked me to lend her friend loans amounting to 300k (in two gives). Her friend originally gave me 10% as interest for around 3 months then asked me to reduce the interest due to difficulty funding, which I agreed to at 7.5% for around another 3 months when one of her checks bounced. We then reduced it further to 5% as another check bounced, to which she explained that she was still having difficulty funding them. My friend died last year, her friend later in the year asked me to further reduce the interest but I instead offered that she just return the original amount borrowed without interest since I originally agreed primarily out of good faith that I wanted to help a friend of a friend. She issued a letter indicating post dated checks in amounts of Php 5000 per month to cover the remaining amount and they were good until this December 18, 2013 when I deposited another check which bounced. I contacted her but the recorded message on the phone was that the recipient refuses to accept the call, I also sent her SMS but got no replies. She settled around half of the original amount borrowed and I would like to know what I can do to ensure collection of the remaining balance. Thanks.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum