Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bank Cases Review

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bank Cases Review Empty Bank Cases Review Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Agosto

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Need opinion on how to proceed.

Just resigned from previous job in a bank. I had been being singled out by previous superiors for lost of some accountable items for being the only single remaining accountable employee, as previous supervisors have priorly resigned. I was priorly asked to explain my side in writing which I did and waited if the bank will pursue a case against me. I gave them the required 30 day notice upon resignation and no case was filed against me even after the 30 day effectivity of my resignation. No notice was ever served upon me. When I followed up my clearance and hopefully some compensation, I was told there was a memo from the Banks Case review committee directing the HR not to proceed with the processing of my clearance and partial retirement pay until the case has been resolved. Moreover, as I have an existing personal cash loan with the bank, I was told that any monetary benefit I may have will have to settle first the case review claim before the loan. Do I need to elevate the matter with DOLE? Can the bank do this legally?

2Bank Cases Review Empty Re: Bank Cases Review Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 am

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Ask for the statement of your liabilities and the proceed you may received from them. If the amount is enough to cover then no problem. I think they have the right to withhold your proceeds because you have remaining accountability. Challenge them to file a case.How about due process??If none they have problem to file the case against you.

3Bank Cases Review Empty Bank Case Review Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Agosto

Arresto Menor

Thank you Sir for your immediate reply.

I think there was no due process. I have not received any notification at the time I filed my resignation until the lapsed of the 30 day mandatory period and up until now even by registered mail or personal delivery in my residential address.

Can I use that issue (lack of due process) in my proposed case before the DOLE? The case is yet to be decided and I could not determine yet the extent of my liability. In the meantime, my supposed unpaid loan, which should have been covered by my benefits, is now earning continued interest and penalties and they are requiring me to pay for the loan while the case in pending.

4Bank Cases Review Empty Re: Bank Cases Review Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:03 pm

attyLLL

your argument should be that the set-off is effective upon the date of your separation from the company. you should compute it yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum