Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adopted Children's Right towards his Adoptive Family

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Channy

Arresto Menor

Good Day, I am Chan an Adopted Child, 17 Years old from Davao City. I am currently studying Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at Ateneo de Davao. We are 3 Siblings, My Older Sister was 27 years old and my Younger brother was 13 years old.

I have no problem with my Parents themselves, what I want to be clarified is; My Family Rights with our family; Do I have equal rights with the Legitimate children as above mentioned?; In every issue involving myself towards the family, does my Cousins have the right to contest the decision of my Adoptive parents?; Do I have the right to own a property which my adoptive parents bought intended for me?.

I hope you can help towards this one. I just want everything to be cleared for me also to know my Limitations and Privileges/Rights.

This is very important to me, this will give me a Peace of mind.

Thank you Very Happy

Channy

Arresto Menor

ahm. wait my Parents are both qualified to adopt a child as provided in the Civil Code of the Philippines. There's nothing wrong with their qualifications and credibility of being an adoptive parents. I have red already articles, including Civil Code and Family Code but of course as a bachelor's degree student, I guess I don't have enough knowledge and practice in the field to interpret laws by my own. I want everything to be cleared without worrying if the thought is Legible, I mean right.

attyLLL

when you say adopted, were there court proceedings for adoption? if so, you have the same rights of any legitimate child. The difference is you cannot inherit from your grandparents.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Channy

Arresto Menor

Sorry to tell Attorney but they haven't, it didn't undergo into any proceedings or such :/

My Mom (Adoptive Mother) told me that after my Biological parents gave birth of me, at that Day, that certain day, I was being sent to them (My Biological Parents and Adoptive Parents weren't relatives or not related at all) and registered as their own Son late (I'm a late Registrant).

Now Attorney, was it too late to undergo this into Court Proceedings? if not,does this mean I don't have the same rights as my Adoptive siblings have? if yes, does this mean I am left with nothing? I mean what rights do I have if I don't have the aforementioned equal and same sibling's rights.

Sorry for some follow-ups, I just want everything to be cleared.

attyLLL

that is called the crime of simulation of birth. i recommend you monitor when a law will be passed to give amnesty and allow court proceedings. the last one was in 2005 and there are pending bills in congress

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum