Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE GROUNDS OF CO-OWNERSHIP IN A COMMON LAW RELATIONSHIP

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

forestinterlude

forestinterlude
Arresto Menor

Hi atttyLLL! Re live-in relationship: Did i get it right that if the property is solely owned by either of them prior to living together, then that belongs to the "real owner" after they go separate ways? If that's the case, then what legal rights does a girl has,to run after it? Can she request the court to award it in favor of their child? What if the man has previous marriage but separated, what happens then to the property which was bought after the separation and prior to having a livein partner. Thanks,atty.

attyLLL

is this a real situation or hypothetical?

there is no co-ownership of salaries or income if one of them is not capacitated to marry. there is complete separation of property and if anything is co-owned, there has to be proof of actual contribution.

a woman who lived in with a married man has no property rights, but their acknowledged illegitimate child is entitled to support for his education and well-being.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

leigh24

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:
a woman who lived in with a married man has no property rights, but their acknowledged illegitimate child is entitled to support for his education and well-being.

Atty, what if, the mistress here is the real owner? Does the married man got a right in the properties that she acquired during the time they live in together?

Thanks..

attyLLL

whoever put up the money to acquire it is the owner

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

leigh24

Arresto Menor

Ibig po ba sabihin Atty, na walang karapatan yung lalaki? Thanks po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum