Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

sold property thru spa, but now owner in the deed of sale wants it back

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

abby222

Arresto Menor

I bought a land years ago and build a house there. I was abroad when I bought it, so I had my bf that time sign the deed of sale. When I came back here in the phil, he gave me an SPA for the property. I sold the property using my spa when we broke up. I gave him some money from the sale, and we signed an agreement that he agreed on the sale of the property. A couple years later, the buyer of the property informed me that my ex-bf applied for a title for the property. He applied 2 years after we broke up and after I sold the property. What shall I do now? Can I file a case against my ex-bf?

Thank you.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Your ex bf APPLIED for a title, but did he GET one?

If NOT, I don't see any real problem, except it's some worrying he tried, and I don't see any reason needing to go to court as long as your ex bf don't try to sell/take over the sold property.

But if your ex bf GOT the title, then your buyer and you better go to court to make it clear your ex bf have no right to the property, because otherwize it's risk he try to scam sell it, which can make big problems if he succeed. I guess your buyer would winn such court case, but it would be much work and take long time in court, and when the case is done, then your ex bf will probably not have any money to pay back to HIS buyer... Sad
The signed agreement with your ex bf is an important document. It's extra strong if it was signed by witnesses too back then. If it was notarised and tell your deal clear, then I suppouse your ex bf will "surely" lose a court case, (As sure you can be in a court case Smile

abby222

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply!

My ex-bf is in the process of applying for a title. I went to the registry of deeds and find out the title is about to be released to him, just need the signature of the chief. I also heard from people close to him that he's looking for a buyer for the property. I should have asked him to turn over the deed of sale under his name when I gave him money and signed the agreement. Yes, our agreement was notarised, but there were no witnesses, just the 3 of us, the lawyer who made/notarised the agreement, me and him.

I'm looking for a lawyer today to stop him from getting a title. As you said, this might be a lengthy court battle but I will fight him. I'd like to file a criminal case against him so he'll be put in jail. Good thing my buyer is supporting me.

Thank you again for telling me my buyer will win this case! It gave me hope.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

If you hurry and show the notariced agrement to the Registry of Deeds, I suppouse that can be enough to stop them from give him the title. (Asuming the notarised agreement was written good enough by the lawyer.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum