Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

hold departure order

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hold departure order Empty hold departure order Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm

jinri

Arresto Menor

Good day!

A friend of mine has a big concern regarding her being threatened by her ex-boyfriend to file for a hold departure order against her if she will not pay her debt of Php12,000. My friend is applying for a visa to Canada and plans to leave soon but is anxious due to the said threat. Her ex-boyfriend accuses her owing that amount and is charging her great amount of interest and asks for Php15k instead apart from the interest he is demanding. She understands that her ex is just bitter and can't move on or accept the fact that they are not together anymore but my friend feels that her ex-bf is too much and is extorting her for she claims that she doesn't owe him even a penny and believes that it's just the way of his ex-bf to make a revenge to her.

There is no contract/s or written transaction/s or obligation involved and it's just merely verbal on the side of the ex-bf.

My friend didn't receive any notices/alerts, warrants from the court etc.but just entirely threats from her ex-bf. She also could still get NBI,police clearance,passport etc. Her fear is that her ex-bf knows all her personal information and he may take or use it against her.

As a friend of hers, I wanted to help her and give some advice so I'm seeking legal assistance. I also believe that this is purely a way of extortion and if there's a need to make legal action, my friend is more than willing to..

My question is that, can her ex-bf file easily a hold departure order against her without enough proof/grounds/evidences but just merely accusations? How will she know if she has a hold departure order when in fact she did not or was not able to receive any notice?
does she need to go to Bureau of Immigration Unit to check if she is in the WLO/HDO?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God Bless

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum