Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inter-Faith Marriage and Civil Wedding

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inter-Faith Marriage and Civil Wedding Empty Inter-Faith Marriage and Civil Wedding Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 am

sittie1987

Arresto Menor

Greetings to all!

I am a Filipina Muslim, but I was raised in a catholic community so I can say I'm not really the traditional Muslim type. I'm already 26 years old and I have a catholic boyfriend (Filipino also) for almost two years now. We are planning to get married in civil rights, are we allowed to do that? No one of us wants to convert to the other's religion. Is inter-faith civil marriage is allowed?

Another thing, because I'm a Muslim, I know we have this Shariah Law applicable to us, is there any provisions or statements on this Law that prohibits me from performing a civil wedding?

Please enlighten me. Thank you and more power!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum