Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question regarding my name

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question regarding my name Empty Question regarding my name Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

takeoutttt

Arresto Menor

Hi pinoylawyer.org! I want to be cleared about something regarding my name. For example my name is Juan Santos Cortez Jr.

In my NSO birth certificate, it looked like this..

Juan               Santos               Cortez Jr.
----------            ------------         ------------
First name      Middle name         Surname

The thing is I'm confused of what will I put if I'm going to fill up this format.

Last name:
Middle name:
First name:

So when the time I apply for my NBI I input the data like this because I was taught to write my name like this.

LN: Cortez Jr.
MN: Santos               and    Cortez Jr., Juan S.
FN: Juan

But the NBI employee said the correct is

LN: Cortez
MN: Santos
FN: Juan Jr.

So my NBI clearance indicates:
Cortez, Juan Jr y Santos

I want to know what is the correct arrangement of my name referring to my birth certificate, because my mom said to follow my birth certificate whatever the case. I'm so confused of what's what. Thank you for responding in my post. Smile

2Question regarding my name Empty Re: Question regarding my name Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:31 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

The NBI is correct! Because your father's family name is Cortez and he is Juan Sr. therefore you are Juan Jr. That is how they do it! Your birth certificate indicates your are Juan Jr. as you are son of Juan Sr. Technically Jr. is not a part of you surname so as your father's surname.

3Question regarding my name Empty Re: Question regarding my name Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

takeoutttt

Arresto Menor

AWV wrote:The NBI is correct! Because your father's family name is Cortez and he is Juan Sr. therefore you are Juan Jr. That is how they do it! Your birth certificate indicates your are Juan Jr. as you are son of Juan Sr. Technically Jr. is not a part of you surname so as your father's surname.

Thank you for your response! How about if I will write my surname first (Surname, First name, MI) ? How will it supposed to be like? Based on my NSO certificate?

4Question regarding my name Empty Re: Question regarding my name Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:47 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Surname: Cortez
First name: Juan Jr.

Middle name: S.

Last edited by AWV on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Question regarding my name Empty Re: Question regarding my name Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 pm

takeoutttt

Arresto Menor

AWV wrote:
Surname: Cortez
First name: Juan Jr.

Middle name: Santos

Thanks! But what I meant is will it be like

Cortez, Juan Jr. S.

or

Cortez Jr., Juan S. 

or

Cortez, Juan S. Jr.

6Question regarding my name Empty Re: Question regarding my name Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

KULET !!! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum