Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early release from the drug rehabilitation center

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wifey17

Arresto Menor

I brought my partner in a rehab in Magalang, Pampanga. After more than 3months I already saw a big improvement on his attitude and behavior and of course he no longer wants to take drugs anymore. The center told me that they are having problems with his attitude which I find normal since he is really grumpy by nature. My partner never ask for an early release until the last time I visited him. He told me he is having problems with their dorm psychologist. Other patients are bullying him. They are setting him up to commit offenses and get a disciplinary action which may result to cancellation of visitation rights. He told me he is not doing anything wrong and he is protecting his records so I can still visit him. But before I leave that day, a patient told him that the dorm psych is working on his behavioral report and may result to him being transferred to the home care facility which means I need to pay more for his treatment. I believe him because I have a trusted stuff in the facility. Two days after I received a text message informing me that I can no longer see my partner for the next two months because he was involve in a fist fight. I called the dorm psych and she did not gave me a specific answer on what happened. So I called a trusted stuff and he told me that somebody tried to tell the dorm staff to stop the fight but he was stopped by other patient so the two can engage into the fight. My partner told the staffs that he was provoked but since my partner is big and strong the other guy was really hurt.

Now I called the center that I want an early release for my partner since I believe that it is not a safe environment for him. But the center told me that after filing an early release request they will need to schedule my partner for evaluation wether he can be release or not. But I told them I already want him out of there. They told me the process will take for about a month up to three months. But my partner is supposed to finish his program by June 15,2013. I told them if they were kidding. It's as if I don't have any control over my patient. It's like I can't decide for him. I know I need to pay my bills and that's what I'm telling them but still I have to go through a process that will take a month or more. Another reason why I want him release because I am already starting to fix my documents going to Australia and I want my partner to go with me. He can't fix his documents while he is in the center. Please help me what can I do to fasten the process of his release. Do they have the right not to release my partner even after I paid all his bills?

jd888

The release shall correspond and adhere with the contract you singed with the facility.

Sad to say, if they don't see your partner fit, it is their decision.

Maybe they can let you sign a waiver, but it would not necessarily say that you partner is well and that could be a hindrance to his travel abroad.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Wifey17

Arresto Menor

They told me that I can request for an early release but it might take a month or more. What bothers me is that according to one of the petitioners i met during one my visits in the center said that one of my partner's co-patient was released within 3 days since the petitioner brought a certain document signed by a government official(a mayor or something). Of course the center wouldn't tell me about that. So is there any document/legal document I can bring to support my request?thanks for the help

jd888

It could be a DEMAND to release the patient early.

A Demand Letter from your Legal Counsel would suffice, you can argue that you are not satisfied with the facility and would rather transfer your patient to another facility domestic or abroad.

Wifey17

Arresto Menor

So I just need to visit a lawyer? I'm not familiar on this. Is it hard to get a demand letter or its just like getting an affidavit? Thank u so much it's such a great help.

jd888

It is as simple as buying your regular soda at a Sari-sari store. Smile

Wifey17

Arresto Menor

What can I do to terminate the contract I have with the center?

jd888

Ask your Lawyer to draft a demand withdrawing your patient and any existing contract due to unsatisfactory performance of the facility.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum