Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

is selling a foreclosed house and lot legal?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lydia acebedo

Arresto Menor

the house and lot is still in mortgaged with a certain housing company. however due to unpayed obligations,the said property might be assesed to foreclosure. now, the current "owner" is selling it to me.is it legal to sell a foreclosed property? even if it's still in mortgaged? i hope you can help me with this.

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

yes,but since it is mortgaged,he should sell it to you at a lower price because you will be assuming the mortgage.this is called sale with assumption of mortgage.thus,you will pay the obligations of the seller.

Need_Assistance

Arresto Menor

In connection with this, I also recently purchased a foreclosed property. This was under a real estate company. The house was abandoned by the previous owner and then the developer resell it on what they say is a discounted price. In the contract, it was stated that the house is sell as it is and the reconection for the utilities is not covered by the developer.

We got the certification to move in and we were provided the necesarry documents to apply for water and elecity for the house. When we checked on the arreas of the water bill of the previous owner, it's a wopping 12K and this is only for 9 months. The developer said that they cannot provide any assistance regarding this issue base on the contract that I signed. My thing is we did not occupy the house and yet we are paying the bill of the prewvious owner.

What is the next step we can do on this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum