Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

certificate of employment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1certificate of employment Empty certificate of employment Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm

nanette123

Arresto Menor

sir, can i ask if my former employer can hold my certificate of employment? i was terminated due to retrenchment..i received my separation pay in full.. do i have the right to have COE? as their former employee?..what will i do? another...can i file a request if my former employer gave our 13th month pay different from what DOLE rule? instead of having the full monthly earnings..they only gave us the "basic pay" (as what they call it) which is only 1/3 of our monthly salary...

2certificate of employment Empty Re: certificate of employment Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Ofcourse, you are entitled to ask/request for a certificate of employment, despite that you already received your separation pay by reason of retrenchment. That CEO will certify only that you were previously working in that company.

As to the 13th month pay, I THINK(in my opinion lang po)you can no longer ask for that because i believed that after you received your separation pay, the company let you sign a quit claim or waiver for any future claim against the company.(am i right?)

also, that 13th month pay issue must be question from the time you are an active employee of that company, that is, before you were retrenched.

But you can seek for any 2nd opinion or advice here, based on that facts presented.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum