Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Original Copy of Land Title

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Original Copy of Land Title Empty Original Copy of Land Title Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

stayfrosty

Arresto Menor

I just want to ask if it is proper to give the original copy of a land title to an attorney for partitioning an inherited lot? I was told that one should never give the original title unless the property is already sold to someone. I tried asking for a copy of the title but they told that they have submitted it already to the RD. Was this proper?

2Original Copy of Land Title Empty Re: Original Copy of Land Title Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:17 am

jd888

Do not worry about this. You really have to submit the Original Title because the Registry of Deeds will issue New Ones based on the Subdivision Plan submitted.

You cannot have the Old Title if you were issued New Ones.

It needs to be surrendered.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3Original Copy of Land Title Empty Re: Original Copy of Land Title Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 pm

stayfrosty

Arresto Menor

I see. Thanks a lot for answering my question. More power to you sir!

4Original Copy of Land Title Empty Re: Original Copy of Land Title Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:38 pm

stayfrosty

Arresto Menor

I have just one more question to ask sir and this is with regards to the place we are renting. We are behind on our payments for more than 3 months already and I am aware this is a ground for ejection. My question is, is it legal if my landlord will get our things forcibly or hold them till we are fully paid? I lost my job you see and this was the reason why our rent was behind. I am starting out on my new job and I will be able to make rent payments again. If my landlord decides to take this to the barangay, what is my best course of action? I understand at this level we can just work out an agreement but if the landlord does not want us anymore, if my understanding was right, they will still have to file a case in court to eject us, right? I am willing to pay our back payments albeit on an installment basis by the way. If that scenario happens, how long will the court arrive at a decision to eject us? Thanks in advance!

5Original Copy of Land Title Empty Re: Original Copy of Land Title Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm

jd888

Ejection is usually a Summary Proceedings and it will take about Ten (10) Working Days for the Court Order to arrive after filing (This is based on experience); yet it also depends on the scheduling of the local court.

Try to work out things with the owner.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum