Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Risky? Non compete clause / agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Risky? Non compete clause / agreement Empty Risky? Non compete clause / agreement Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 pm

sniper420

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone. I wanted to seek your opinions before i make this move.

i am an executive search consultant. I signed a non compete clause when i joined this company. im currently handling recruitment and clients interaction

my clause states that "the EMPLOYEE cannot join a company, after the date of his resignation, for the next 2 years a company that directly or indirectly competes with EMPLOYER" something like that. i will have to pay no less than 200K pesos.

a company who is in the same industry has recently offered me a position. same position that i am in right now. recruitment and handling clients.

ALTHOUGH: 1. this company serves different clients from what i have now. (my current clients are consumer and pharma companies) and this company has call center / bpo / shared services clients.
*in my opinion it is not competing since the clients / info that i have is irrelevant with their clients.

2. i think the clause is very broad. in my research the clause should be specific. directly or indirectly can mean a lot of things. it should be specific to companies. should that be the case? i think it is unfair to the employee.

my boss will definitely sue me.

i just would want to know if this will hold in court?

the labor law states that i citizen should have the right to earn a living. plus, yung mga alam ko naman dito i will not share there. and if i do share, totally different clientele naman from what i have and with what i am going to handle there.

help lang? asking for opinions? Smile thank you!

PeRiWiNkLe18

Arresto Menor

Dapat kasi meron geographic location yan clause na yan since kung broad siya pwede ipa-void sa court because it's so prejudicial sa employee.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum