Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Empty CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm

leilakitz28

Arresto Menor

I just want to ask what case to file against ABSCBN for using our picture in their news program (TV PATROL) without verifying the identities of the persons in their news. It showed our photos telling that my dad is the victim and I'm the suspect who killed him, that Im also his GF. The sad part here is they got the picture from our FACEBOOK Page. As a standard procedure, the next day they showed a video correcting the identities of the person in the photo. We accepted their apology but we were disappointed because last Feb 16, 2012 they showed again our photo in their program FAILON NGAYON. So we are determined to file a case agaisnt them but the problem is Im here in Singapore.

Can anyone give us advise so we can make the necessary actions. Thanks!

2CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Empty Re: CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 pm

jd888

I believe this is another case of Mistaken Identity, and the voltures of media practitioners would just get about anything to make a scoop, even invade someones privacy or grab a picture at Social Media.

Did they issue another apology as of this posting? Were your person damaged by this event? If so, the Media company shall be hold liable for your trouble. You need a lawyer to institute legal actions.

Please capture the video which you have been incriminated, this is irresponsible journalism.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Empty Re: CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 pm

leilakitz28

Arresto Menor

I already have a copy of the videos, what they told me as for the moment all they can do is just say sorry. What the executive producer of FAILON NGAYON said was they are now investigating what happened. They said they will issue an "eratum" on its program FAILON NGAYON to correct the identities and that would be next saturday. The problem is it happened twice already. Fortunately last time that they showed it in TV PATROL my mom was not watching, if not my mom would have suffered from heart attack because according to them the man killed by his GF was my dad. What's worst is they posted me as the suspect.

I just want to ask what case can we file them? Actually Im looking for a lawyer to help me with this case. As I told you Im in Singapore now.

4CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Empty Re: CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

this is a clear sample of abusive and irresponsible media. i can still recall the senate inquiry about the Luneta hostage drama. they asked one media executive why they didn't stop airing the police maneuver even the police officers are asking them to stop airing. the executive answered "because the other network won't stop airing"

So, sa kabila nang mga panawagan ng mga police na itigil nila ang live airing ng police manuever, hindi sila nakinig. Sa kabila ang katotohanan na safety ng mga hostage ang nakasasalalay sa mga oras nay un, hindi sila nakinig.

Kaya para ng high rating, buhay ng tao ang ibinuwis ng mga nasa media. Tapos sasabihin nila trabaho lang? Wow!!!

5CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Empty Re: CIVIL CASE VERSUS ABS-CBN Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 am

jd888

And they will just say "Sorry" or "Ohhh, Erratum"; @leilakitz28, your Family based here in the Philippines shall file the complaint by the help of a Legal Counsel, you may send an SPA duly recognized by the Philippine Embassy at Singapore at 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395, or you may just again accept their apology.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum