Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baguio Property

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Baguio Property Empty Baguio Property Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:45 am

mooncaker

Arresto Menor

My father's family own a house and lot property (2000 sqm) in Pacdal, Baguio.Since my father died a few years ago, my sister and I became co-owners of the said property with my uncle and two aunts.My uncle and his family are currently caretakers of the property for 34 years now since they have been in Baguio since time in memorial.The other family members live in Manila but we would go up to Baguio for a visit twice a year only. Our problem now is whenever we go up to Baguio, we cannot stay in the property because my aunt, the wife of my uncle wouldnt let us.Instead we would stay in a hotel for our stay. We heard from neighbors that they own the house already and would want the property for themselves. We would like to know how we are going to go about staying in that house whenever we would go up for visits.Do we go to the Barangay to file a complain or go directly to a lawyer? Please help.Thank you.

Last edited by mooncaker on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

2Baguio Property Empty Re: Baguio Property Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:30 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Go to barangay first, explain to them that you are one of the co-owners of that property and that you have the right to stay therein. Let the barangay settle it, afterall, all you want to do is to stay on that premise for a vacation.

3Baguio Property Empty Re: Baguio Property Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

mooncaker

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advice.I will do that.

4Baguio Property Empty Re: Baguio Property Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 am

rchrd

rchrd

If you would go to a lawyer, the first advice would be for you to go to the barangay just as chi ming choi said.

to avoid loosing your rights over the property, better investigate how your other relatives became co-owners of a property owned by your late father. without other factors except your being relatives, dakayo lang kenni sister mo ti ada karbengana nga agtawid from your father.

Last edited by rchrd on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum