Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER Empty ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 am

micheleortega

Arresto Menor

my husband received a demand letter from his previous employer asking him to pay back P22,000 which is part of the signing bonus that he received when he was hired by the company. he was terminated from this company due to company policy, and as stated in the contract he signed, he needs to pay this money back if he is terminated or resigns.

we don't have the means to pay them back.

here are my questions:

1. if we choose not to show up in the court hearings and they run after us, will this case reflect negatively on any clearances/applications like NBI, police/ baranggay, financial institutions, licenses, visas or employment?

2. can they require him to pay additional damages incurred while pursuing the case or can they add interest to the original amount that was demanded?

3. is there any chance that the court may dismiss the case?

thanks in advance!

2ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER Empty Re: ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:22 pm

throable

Arresto Menor

up

3ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER Empty Re: ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE DEMAND LETTER Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

i suggest you just settle, maybe they will agree on paying it in installment basis.. mahirap kasi nyan he agreed when he signed the contract..

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

micheleortega wrote:my husband received a demand letter from his previous employer asking him to pay back P22,000 which is part of the signing bonus that he received when he was hired by the company.  he was terminated from this company due to company policy, and as stated in the contract he signed, he needs to pay this money back if he is terminated or resigns.

we don't have the means to pay them back.  

here are my questions:

1. if we choose not to show up in the court hearings and they run after us, will this case reflect negatively on any clearances/applications like NBI, police/ baranggay, financial institutions, licenses, visas or employment?

2. can they require him to pay additional damages incurred while pursuing the case or can they add interest to the original amount that was demanded?

3. is there any chance that the court may dismiss the case?

thanks in advance!  

1. UNLIKELY. Demand letter pa lng naman..wala pang court order

attyLLL

i would argue that the signing bonus is part of his compensation, and employment contracts are subject to public policy

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum