Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEVERANCE PAY

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SEVERANCE PAY Empty SEVERANCE PAY Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

graceljan.ramos

Arresto Menor

Hi, you might be a reliable source of advise. I convey my resignation letter last Dec 26, 2012, effective on Jan 25, 2013.
However, my employer sell the business and the official turn-over will be on Jan 19, 2013. I have read on one of the articles that employers are not obliged to a separation pay for resigning employees. Considering that the date of effectiveness of my resignation will still be on the 25th, will I still be entitled with a severance pay? Your justification will be highly appreciated. Embarassed

2SEVERANCE PAY Empty Re: SEVERANCE PAY Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

resigned employees are not entitled to severance pay unless practiced by the company..

3SEVERANCE PAY Empty Re: SEVERANCE PAY Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm

graceljan.ramos

Arresto Menor

thank you for your time. but i guess, resigned and to resign employees are different. So, since I havent resign yet on the buy-out date, I am to be entitled. ???? Isnt it that employers who sell their companies ought to give severance pay according to law?

4SEVERANCE PAY Empty Re: SEVERANCE PAY Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

pag new company.. either babayaran lahat or continue ang length of service from the old company..

5SEVERANCE PAY Empty Re: SEVERANCE PAY Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm

stargazer

Arresto Mayor

if you have submitted your resignation letter before the announcement of the buy out, then you are no longer qualified for any "possible" severance package that the others might received. severance package are also given only to those who are terminated due to retrenchment or redundancy resulting from the buy out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum