Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cannot get Barangay Clearance because of unsettled Home Owners monthly dues

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ljangostora

Arresto Menor

Good Day!

I am a resident in Muntinlupa City. I went to our barangay (putatan) to secure a barangay clearance for local employment. They didn't want to give me the clearance because I need to secure a homeowners clearance first from our subdivision. The homeowners don't want to give me a clearance because they said that we have not paid the balance of our monthly dues. The said balance of almost 8,000 pesos is from the previous resident of our current house. Do i get the burden of not having a barangay clearance because of unpaid debt of the previous resident of our house? Not to mention that I am not the owner but just a relative of the owner. They said that all household members from our address cannot get a clearance because of the said unpaid dues. Does the barangay have the right not to give clearance? How can we complete the requirements in securing a job?

Thank you for reading my queries and hoping for a quick response.
Again, thank you!

More power,
Louie of Muntinlupa

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

The very purpose of securing a homeowners clearance is to VERIFY and to attest that you are INDEED A BONA FIDE RESIDENT OF THAT SUBDIVISION, it doesnt matter whether you have a pending dues or non. More so in your case that you are not in debt with the homeowners association.

It is the right of the brgy not to issue for non compliance of their requirement but you can seek help in the barangay for that "Indebtedness issue or prior unpaid dues"

attyLLL

while i agree with you, there is no legal obligation on the part of the HOA to issue you a clearance and i would argue that for the benefit of that, they can require you to update your balance

as for the bgy, try to bargain for affidavits from other persons for compliance

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

nellygao

Arresto Menor

Ask ko lng po, 4years nko nktira sa brgy nmin ngrerent po ako at ayw pko bgyan ng brgy clearance kesyu ndi daw ako botante ng lugar dapt daw sa 4 years n un ngprehstro daw ako sa lugar nmin bgo ko bgyan ng brgy clearance, tama b un?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum