Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Validity of Affidavit in the Philippines

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Validity of Affidavit in the Philippines Empty Validity of Affidavit in the Philippines Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 am

aimeeb_29

Arresto Menor

I have a minor daughter whos going to travel abroad on april 2013 so we need to get a new travel clearance since her old travel clearance will expire on march.

My mother went to DSWD trying to get a new travel clearance but was told to start the procedure of getting a new one since my affidavit of parental consent is dated last year. So i began to question the validity of affidavit in the philippines.

If anyone can help me would appreciate it so much.. thanks

adel.villafuerte

Arresto Mayor

YES, you have to renew. The required Affidavit refers to the status of child as minor who wishes to work and the parental consent. The former affidavit refers to the former job which will expire in this coming March, and in the next job renewal/appointment your parental consent should also be expressed in writing.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

aimeeb_29 wrote:
I have a minor daughter whos going to travel abroad on april 2013 so we need to get a new travel clearance since her old travel clearance will expire on march.

My mother went to DSWD trying to get a new travel clearance but was told to start the procedure of getting a new one since my affidavit of parental consent is dated last year. So i began to question the validity of affidavit in the philippines.

If anyone can help me would appreciate it so much.. thanks

So, the question you are trying to raise is that, whether or not the affidavit has or had an expiration date. or will the affidavit prescribed.

NO. Affidavit will not prescribed or it has no expiration date, you can use it or reused it many times so long as the statement stated therein is/are applicable to the present fact. In fact, an affidavit executed 20yrs ago can still be used as an evidence in any court.

However, in your case, thats the way it is in dealing with the government, they always, for unknown reason request for a new one, ive encountered this and i dont get their logic.

adel.villafuerte

Arresto Mayor

That's the problem for today's govt. policy. The government itself questions the validity of Affidavit,Special Power of Attorney and other public instrument, which sometimes requires the party concerned to submit the updated one. I think one of their reasons are to check the life existence of a person who executed the same. I also experienced that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum