Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Member - Introduction

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Member - Introduction Empty New Member - Introduction Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:40 pm

etchekeli

Arresto Menor

Good day to you all.

My name is Robin, and I am a Singaporean married to a filipina since 2009. I am on this website to seek advice on how I can reconcile my wife and her two children from an earlier marriage.

It is a complicated case, but if you knew the details it is a simple one. I dont know if it makes sense. But I hope that I can find a solution here.

Thanks

2New Member - Introduction Empty Re: New Member - Introduction Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 pm

aica

Arresto Menor

Hi, Robin. What do you mean by "reconcile my wife and her two children from an earlier marriage"? Are you separated from your Filipina wife and you want to reconcile with her? Or do you mean that your Filipina wife has two children from an earlier marriage and they ( your wife and her two children) are not in good terms so you need to reconcile them. Please clarify so we can give our two cents worth of opinion/advice.

3New Member - Introduction Empty Re: New Member - Introduction Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 am

etchekeli

Arresto Menor

Hi Alcia,

Thanks for your reply. My wife has two children from her previous marriage. Its more complicated that what you have asked. My wife was practically driven out of her ex inlaws (she and her husband were living with his parents. So they assumed the responsibility of taking care of the children. Before we got married, we started proceedings for an annulment which im sure the court would have granted us custody of the children, however the husband was killed in a car accident. The grandparents have refused to let the children live with my wife. My wife gets to see them only when the grandfather deems fit. They are only nice when they need my wife's help. The children have grown up without a mother and late their father was not much of a dad. All i want is for my wife and her two children to be together. And I am thinking of adopting them and as I will be relocating to the philippines soon. I am confident that if brought before a judge that we will get custody. However, the children are not getting any younger. This family have done much more to keep the children away from my wife.

4New Member - Introduction Empty Re: New Member - Introduction Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 am

aica

Arresto Menor

Your wife may file, through a lawyer, a Petition for Habeas Corpus in a the family court of the province or the city where your wife resides or where the child may be found. The Petition for Habeas Corpus is the proper legal remedy to enable parents to regain the custody of a minor child even if the child, on his own free will, is in the custody of a third person. In custody battles, the law favors the parents over the grandparents, especially if the parent who is present has not been proven to be unfit to take care of the child. Best of luck.

5New Member - Introduction Empty Re: New Member - Introduction Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 pm

etchekeli

Arresto Menor

Many thanks for your advice. I have already contacted a lawyer in the Philippines and plan to meet up with him sometime in April or May.

Best regards,

Robin Gomes

6New Member - Introduction Empty Re: New Member - Introduction Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 pm

victorino742000

victorino742000
Arresto Menor

My name is Victorino from Cebu married with 2 children i just want to know about the property of my grandparents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum