Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parental Authority over 19 year old girl

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Parental Authority over 19 year old girl Empty Parental Authority over 19 year old girl Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am

eurix

Arresto Menor

Hello guys. I am 19 years old. Now I want to move in with my boyfriend but my parents threaten me for "Parental disobedience" and they said they can take me back under their custody if I don't obey them. I know 18 is legal but not sure if Parental Authority still applies to under 21 years old. I have a job and can support myself financially as well. Thank you!

adel.villafuerte

Arresto Mayor

For purposes of contracting marriage, a woman who does not reach yet the age of 21 requires parental consent, and non compliance of which becomes the marriage voidable or void ab initio marriage.

eurix

Arresto Menor

thank you for the reply but we are not doing the marriage thing as of now. we want it to be special and not rushed. we just want to live in together and we're both legal adults. just want to know if my parents can do something about it like file a case or force me to take me back to their custody. Should I get emancipated even not married?

adel.villafuerte

Arresto Mayor

Yes, you are free from emancipation of your parents and no applicable cause of action could be filed for reason of infinity love...hehe...but it affects your moral standard and your family as a whole. Living together as husband and wife outside the sphere of marriage and practicing pre-marital sex will commit adultery and is violation under the divine law teaches by Jesus Christ.

eurix

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much. Yes pre-marital sex is no bueno, we have a deal to wait after marriage but that doesnt stop me from living together with him. It'll be very hard to resist but it'll be worth it! Thank you once again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum