Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alcohol in workplace

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alcohol in workplace Empty Alcohol in workplace Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:01 am

Koolas

Arresto Menor

I recently received a Due Process Form with allegations of being inside the company premises under the influence of alcohol. Based on the letter I received, it has a sanction of up to Termination.

The letter also indicated that I violated Article 282 of the labor code and higlighted 3 parts of it.

1. Serious misconduct or willful disobedience by the employee of the lawful orders of his employer or representative in connection with his work;

2. Gross and habitual neglect by the employee of his duties;

3. Other causes analogous to the foregoing.

Story behind it.

I left the office after working hours to meet our "new" foreigner assistant manager who is messaging me if we can hang out after working hours and to show him around. And then, while we are drinking, I got a call from our current assistant manager asking if I was able to send an email(an update email) to our counterpart in a different region. I told her that I'm with our new Assistant Manager and having drinks. She just laughed and told me that she will be the one to do it. I told her I will go back in the office to send that email after we're done, since my Agents are still doing the report that I should send an email about. She told me not to come as I already drank some bottles.

I came back to the office after 3 hrs and sent the update email that I was supposed to do and went home.

Recently, there was a memo that we received via our corporate email about having an alcohol free workplace - and sanctions may lead up to termination.

We were instructed to have our agents sign the memo, but honestly, I can't remember if I signed it.

Another issue is that, i had recent escalations from our clients that lead to an investigation. Based on the documentation, it says that the Root Cause of the escalations is because I was not trained to be a Team Lead properly.(i had been promoted 1 or 2 months ago)

Any advice on my next course of action?
Will my company/employer has all legal rights to terminate me?

Appreciate all the help!

Thanks!

2Alcohol in workplace Empty Re: Alcohol in workplace Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if ever they decide for termination, there should be a hearing and you should be able to explain your side.

3Alcohol in workplace Empty Re: Alcohol in workplace Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm

attyLLL

i recommend that you ensure that you file a response, and include the statements of your asst manager who was with you. what i don't understand is that you were told not to do it but you still did so, why?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Alcohol in workplace Empty Re: Alcohol in workplace Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Koolas

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the response.

what i don't understand is that you were told not to do it but you still did so, why?

That's actually my fault cause I really need to send the email that I was supposed to send.

What are my chances if in case they terminate me and I bring this up in court?

5Alcohol in workplace Empty Re: Alcohol in workplace Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:50 pm

attyLLL

none, if you don't file a case. if you do, it will depend on the evidence.

6Alcohol in workplace Empty Re: Alcohol in workplace Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 pm

jam08

Arresto Menor

I have a similar case. My question is, what is their right to say that you are drunk or not? They only alleged that I was drunk because one of my drinking companions went to work while really drunk and told security who he was drinking with. When I came to work, they were already waiting for me and told me to go home. I explained that I had a few drinks but that was hours ago. But they wouldn't accept it. There was even no sobriety test done? It was just their word against mine.

Thanks for any help.

7Alcohol in workplace Empty Re: Alcohol in workplace Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

attyLLL

observation of your demeanor will be their likely basis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum