Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DIVORCE SA CANADA

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DIVORCE SA CANADA Empty DIVORCE SA CANADA Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm

vixen1014

Arresto Menor

hi,

i just need clarification. my wife and i are already separated for almost 10 years. she is living now in ontario and i'am in philippines. she finally decided to file a divorce and she will be sending the papers to me in philippines for signing. my question is, is it possible to file a divorce if we are married in phillipines? and will the philippine court honor the divorce papers since there is no divorce law in philippines.

2DIVORCE SA CANADA Empty Re: DIVORCE SA CANADA Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

divorce in canada is based on the place where the spouse lives or simply residency, and not the place of marriage (philippines). so, if your spouse has lived in canada for at least one year she can obtain a divorce there in canada, on any of the grounds for divorce set by canadian laws. philippine law follow the rule of lex loci celebrationis which means that the forms and solemnities of contracts, wills, and other public instruments shall be governed by the laws of the country in which they are executed (here the law of canada). it is true that ph law forbids divorce, but this does not mean that we will not follow canadian law. according to lex loci celebrationis, we should allow the contracts, forms, wills and other public instruments executed in canada.

3DIVORCE SA CANADA Empty Re: DIVORCE SA CANADA Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 pm

attyLLL

vixen, that divorce can be recognized only if your wife is now a canadian citizen at the time of filing of the divorce

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum