Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNPAID DEBT OF A "FORMER" FRIEND (WITHOUT SIGNED PAPERS)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ellenbustillo

Arresto Menor

HI, Please help me on what I can do to let a former friend pay his P20,000 borrowed money from me since August, 2012. He never signed any paperwork since I lend it to him trusting him that he will be paying.

I was able to give him the money days before knowing that he has a pending Qualified Theft case filed against him.

The only communication that can prove that he owed me this amount is a message on facebook and I have a witness who'll vouch that he owed me this much. I also have original copy of his recent NBI and photocopies of other documents (including expired passport, copy of grades from UA&P, and medical lab results) which he left before he went missing from his previous address.

Currently, I don't know his whereabouts and he already blocked me on facebook. But some of his friends said he is currently in Bacolod working at a BPO company. Hoping anyone can enlighten me of what I can do since my father is in the hospital right now. Will I still be able to file a case against him (or a small court claim) if I find him?

Thank you very much! Neutral

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You can file a special civil action for attachment. If he or she has property here in the Philippines, that property may answer to the debts he may owe you. The court in proper cases shall order a writ of attachment.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum