Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!!

+2
attyLLL
bose13
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

I am currently working in a call center for 1 year now. I found out last May I was pregnant, I have immediately submitted all requirement for my SSS MAT1. Now I am making a follow-up about my benefits but the accounting department told me that they will release the cheque 30 days before I take my maternity leave. Which is for me its okay. BUt I found out that they will only advance 15k instead of 30k.
I believe according to RA 1161 as amended by RA 8282, employed individual shall receive inadvance 100 percent of their benefits through their employer. I have already clarified this to our HR Dept. but they told me its company policy and I cant do anything about it. Take it or leave it. I need you help and advice. It seems that my current company doesnt really care about our labor law.

2SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 pm

attyLLL

make your inquiries in writing courteously, and then you can send a written inquiry to the nearest dole office or to the sss

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:22 am

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advice. I already created an inquiry letter with attached copy of the Republic Act which has something to do with Social Security maternity benefits, and sent it to my employer. Just to let them know that I am aware of my rights. But unfortunately they kept on insisting that I should be thankful that they are helping me out by giving me in advance the 50% of my maternity benefits. They are really making it too difficult for me, im already on my 8th month gestation, and this is so stressful.

4SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:36 am

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

Just got my first check 14750k they told me that they are only doing me a favor so take it or leave it! Need help they causing me too much stress

5SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:16 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

by law, they should advance the full amount, maybe you could inquire at SSS help desk..

6SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 am

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

I went to SSS office yesterday, I got no answer. They gave me this form for complaint they asked me to have it notarized with a proof of employment and submit it to SSS office some place else (very helpful!) to think that I am on my 8 month and 2 week pregnant and anytime baby could come out. I tried calling DOLE for advice but they told me that the company is right. My employer is just doing me a favor of giving me in advance half of my MAT benefits, they said its a company discretion Sad

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

bose13 wrote:I went to SSS office yesterday, I got no answer. They gave me this form for complaint they asked me to have it notarized with a proof of employment and submit it to SSS office some place else (very helpful!) to think that I am on my 8 month and 2 week pregnant and anytime baby could come out. I tried calling DOLE for advice but they told me that the company is right. My employer is just doing me a favor of giving me in advance half of my MAT benefits, they said its a company discretion Sad

8SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:23 pm

attyLLL

dole told you that it's company discretion??? if you have the name of that person who advised you of that then write a complaint letter to the head of the dole office.

unfortunately, the legal remedy is indeed to file that complaint at sss or at dole or nlrc. you'll definitely have given birth already before they take action.

9SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 pm

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

That is so true! Two weeks from now I will be a new Mom. The HR dept even told me that if I file a complaint it will be more difficult and it will cause definitely cause delayed for my benefits. Sad Sad part is I am getting no where.

10SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

november132012

Arresto Menor

I am now 36weeks pregnant and employed for almost a month. I just wanna know if Im entitled to get an advance payment from my employer for 30days? I resigned with my previous employer last June 15 this year and paid my sss contributions for the 3 consecutive months as voluntary.

11SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:47 pm

attyLLL

i believe the requirement is that there are contributions for the past 6 months. i recommend you make an inquiry at sss and a claim with your current employer

12SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 pm

amv20

Arresto Menor

i have the exact same issue with bose13. the call center company that i am working for would only release half of the maternity benefit. they even asked me submit a request letter so that this half would be released BEFORE i go on maternity leave. unfortunately, i am now on my second week of my maternity leave but according to our HR department i was only able to submit my requirements a week before my leave but actually, i have submitted all the necessary documents months before and the only thing that was processed the week before my leave was the declaration of the company clinic that i will go on leave on the dates that i (and my OB) have requested. Now, i have 2-3 weeks to wait for the check to be released.

i have been seeing this a lot, including on the SSS website:

"For employed members - the benefit is advanced by the employer to the qualified employee, in full, within 30 days from the date of filing of the maternity leave application. The SSS, in turn, shall immediately reimburse the employer 100 percent of the amount of maternity benefit advanced to the female employee upon receipt of satisfactory proof of such payment and legality thereof."

my question is: when does "filing of the maternity leave application" happen? is it during the time that I submitted my leave form, the time that i passed my MAT1? or the time that I submit MAT2? It looks like, my company would stand by its decision of giving me the half of the benefit unless my child's birth certificate, operation room records and MAT2 will be submitted. basically, that would be a month after i give birth. so what happens to all female employees in our company is that they have already returned back to work but they have not been able to get the check for the 2nd half of the benefit.

this is my 2nd pregnancy, the first one happened when i was working with another company and i got the full benefit even before i take my leave and i believe the MAT2 form is for the company's reimbursement from SSS, right? so i think that by that time, that i will need to submit this document, i should have received the full benefit already..

i hope you can enlighten me regarding this issue.thanks!

13SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm

attyLLL

it's from the time the pregnant woman files the application for leave.

14SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty WHeRE can I get assistance and atty Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 am

bose13

bose13
Arresto Menor

I have given them enough time but stoll my employer denied my request for the full payment of my request. I would like to do legal action. Bacause this is not just deniying of rights but harassment as well. Need help! And I want to know where my stand is

15SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 pm

attyLLL

your remedy would be to sendd letters then file a complaint at the sss

16SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:51 pm

moivallar

Arresto Menor

hi! i'm currently employed (call center) and now 36 weeks pregnant. Im not really concerned about the partial or full sss benefits. As per sss policy, employer must release the 50% or 100% 30 days before the expected due date. My due date is on january 10, 2013 and until now my employer didn't release it. I submitted all required documents 2 months ago (October) and until now i'm waiting for it. I asked them on when is the possible date I can get the momey and the told me 2 wks before due date. This is my 2nd child and I'm scheduled for CS next week. I should have it by now for my hospitalization. What's the best thing to do? It's very inconvenient for me and HR is telling me the same thing over and over again. It's like they don't care about what Im requesting for. Sad

17SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 am

attyLLL

there's not much more you can do but to send your communication in writing, even email so you have a paper trail. move it up the management chain.

the legal remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc or sss, but you can't expect quick action either.

18SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Empty Re: SSS MAT benefits INSTALLMENT!!! Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:07 pm

moivallar

Arresto Menor

Isnt it that the company will release an advance as per rule? I called sss (where my company is registered) but they told me they dnt have any records if the company submitted my docs. I asked our HR last week and told me that it was already stamped by sss. Ive been waiting for the money to be released, starting to lose hope, they're telling me the same thing. Its my company's responsibility, right? Even i write a letter or email them, i will receive the same answer.. "We'll follow it up". Its been 2-3 wks now, and got no help. Very disappointing. 😟

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum