Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contractor for 7 Years

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contractor for 7 Years Empty Contractor for 7 Years Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm

wewet

Arresto Menor

Hi, Im currently employed in a BPO company as direct contractor, and it will be my 7th year on Nov.

My contract started in Nov 2005 and got amendment for increase salary in Nov 2006 and Nov 2007.

My first contract has a has an expiration of 1 year or end of project

2nd one, which is an amendment of the first contract has also an expiration of 1 year or end of project.

The last amendment has indicated that my employment will be terminated by end of project

My current project on the company is getting renewed every end year. And my question is would be the following:

1. during renewal of the project, would that be enough basis that the project ended which will trigger my termination from employment?

2. If thats yes, how come I didnt get terminated in end of year of 2008 to 2011? And there are no contract amendment on those years. eventhough there is a renewal of contract between my company and their client.

3. Will I receive a separation pay for my years of service upon termination of contract by end of year.

Thanks and hoping to receive a reply.

2Contractor for 7 Years Empty Re: Contractor for 7 Years Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:55 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion you are already a regular employee entitled to separation pay

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Contractor for 7 Years Empty Re: Contractor for 7 Years Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 pm

wewet

Arresto Menor

thanks for the reply.

But in my employment status and even the ID im using. Im TAG as CONTRACTOR.

Will contractor get separation pay based on the tenure of emplyment when terminated, if my project get renewed contract with their client?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum