Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT

+8
yongski4217
Pedro Parkero
redpula
kittygirl_117
yebah
qarba1
Jhun M
donnahill
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:57 pm

donnahill

Arresto Menor

Ano po ba ang planned format for Bar Exams 2013? MCQ and Essay? How many percent each? Please post links if your source is found online.

*The format of the Bar Exams is crucial for determining which study techniques we should use.* Exclamation

Salamat po. Very Happy

2Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Jhun M

Arresto Menor

According to our lecturers in the BAR Review Class 2012, the BAR 2013 might adopt the former format which is essay type. There might be no more MCQs starting next year. Anyway, just wait for the Supreme Court announcement on that matter early next year.

3Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:13 pm

donnahill

Arresto Menor

That would be highly unfair. Our batch have been trained for the MCQ format for the last 2 years; but, if that would happen, will take the Bar Exams with the Essay format next year. The SC should be more considerate in terms of passing rate (and still impose no DQ) for this. Sigh.

Thanks for the info though. Smile

4Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm

qarba1

qarba1
Arresto Menor

Our Dean has just informed us that next year's bar exam committee chairman Justice Brion is now gathering feedbacks from law schools about his plan to change again the format. Justice Brion's plan is to have 20% MCQ only and 80% Essay. Looks like every year ay iba ang format, trip trip ng chairman?

5Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm

donnahill

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for the info, Qarba1. Kaloka sila. They better make up their minds soon.

6Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm

qarba1

qarba1
Arresto Menor

Our Dean has just informed us that next year's bar exam committee chairman Justice Brion is now gathering feedbacks from law schools about his plan to change again the format. Justice Brion's plan is to have 20% MCQ only and 80% Essay. Looks like every year ay iba ang format, trip trip ng chairman?

7Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

yebah

Arresto Mayor

ano ba mas madali essay type of exam or MCQ?

8Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:57 pm

kittygirl_117

Arresto Menor

Mas madali and essay.

9Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:12 pm

yebah

Arresto Mayor

hi kittygirl,

bakit mas madali for you ang essay type?

10Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 pm

kittygirl_117

Arresto Menor

Razz Kasi in essay you can always qualify your answer wherein may points ka agad.. Sa MCQ definite ang sagot dapat. Ang problema lang sa essay pag may objective type question.

11Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 pm

yebah

Arresto Mayor

pero, hindi ba mas may probability na makaka-earn ka ng higher points(grade), say like, if out of the 100 items in an MCQ exam, you get 70%, compared to, say like, a 1O question essay , 10 being the highest, tpos you only get 70% din. I mean, db mas mahirap pagsagot and write ng answer sa essay unlike if MCQ, pili ka lng, yun nga lng, dapat tama pili mo sa MCQ choices...

12Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm

kittygirl_117

Arresto Menor

For me kasi its easier to give answer kung wala akong choices. sa MCQ ang choices parang lahat tama.

13Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:07 pm

yebah

Arresto Mayor

Kitty Girl,

Have you tried answering, both an essay type and MCQ type of exam?
For me kasi, stressful and brain-draining yun mag-analyze then mag-construct then to write your answer sa isang essay type of exam...compared sa MCQ na you can just choose from among the given choices...hahaha! tpos you can choose nman from the given choices which to eliminate, I mean you can get the closest (right)answer...and pag essay pano kung pagod ka na sa pagsulat tpos d pa ganon kaganda handwriting mo, bka mahirapan magbasa ng answer yun examiner, which can be a minus point for you...

14Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:25 pm

kittygirl_117

Arresto Menor

Yes. I took the bar last 2008 and it was an essay type exam. Unfortunately, I got a grade of 74.09 but i'm quite satisfied with what i got kahit bagsak ako kasi konti na lang papasa na ako. Then last 2011 I took the exams again which was an MCQ type and i got a grade lower than what i got in 2008. Mas nahirapan ako sa MCQ. Siguro depende yan sa tao eh.

15Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

yebah

Arresto Mayor

kittygirl_117 wrote:Yes. I took the bar last 2008 and it was an essay type exam. Unfortunately, I got a grade of 74.09 but i'm quite satisfied with what i got kahit bagsak ako kasi konti na lang papasa na ako. Then last 2011 I took the exams again which was an MCQ type and i got a grade lower than what i got in 2008. Mas nahirapan ako sa MCQ. Siguro depende yan sa tao eh.

ganon ba? cguro dpende nga rin yun KittyGirl, mas nkita ko na now point mo, and I guess sa essay type of exam mas mafefeel mo yun (somehow) a sense of achievement kasi alam mo pinaghirapan mo to come up with an answer unlike if sa MCQ bsta pili ka lng.. well,then maybe, can we say that passing the bar is a matter of luck din?pro syempre needs hardwork, perseverance and sacrifice....

16Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 pm

redpula

Prision Correccional

essay or mcq what matters is that there must be consistency to the examination, it seems like the supreme court justices constantly configure the passing rate without much consideration that a single tweak in its percentage will definitely alter the review pattern of the examinees. Also, isn't it that the mcq was to "modernize" the bar examination, against establish and valid concern of not reading the entire answer of an examinee due to his/her unreadable penmanship, that there is no other alternative answer, supposedly this is to measure whether he/she knows the answer or not, it is not the fault of the examinees if an examiner is not adapt to test construction, the supreme court can only blame itself for that, there must be a committee for this kind of exam, and they cling dearly to the old fashion method of a single examiner per bar subject, again, they are changing the exam every year. They should consider that there is no such thing as constantly being turned in a genie pig, names has faces and failing the exam were already been inculcated since the very first year in the college of law. Calling CJ Serreno, let not your 18 years in the supreme court come to past without looking into this yearly exercise of wait and see attitude dictated by the chairman of the bar exam committee, please be consistent as to the real bar exam structure. As we law students rely primarily on our perseverance and hardwork to pass the ever changing bar examination.

17Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

redpula wrote:essay or mcq what matters is that there must be consistency to the examination, it seems like the supreme court justices constantly configure the passing rate without much consideration that a single tweak in its percentage will definitely alter the review pattern of the examinees. Also, isn't it that the mcq was to "modernize" the bar examination, against establish and valid concern of not reading the entire answer of an examinee due to his/her unreadable penmanship, that there is no other alternative answer, supposedly this is to measure whether he/she knows the answer or not, it is not the fault of the examinees if an examiner is not adapt to test construction, the supreme court can only blame itself for that, there must be a committee for this kind of exam, and they cling dearly to the old fashion method of a single examiner per bar subject, again, they are changing the exam every year. They should consider that there is no such thing as constantly being turned in a genie pig, names has faces and failing the exam were already been inculcated since the very first year in the college of law. Calling CJ Serreno, let not your 18 years in the supreme court come to past without looking into this yearly exercise of wait and see attitude dictated by the chairman of the bar exam committee, please be consistent as to the real bar exam structure. As we law students rely primarily on our perseverance and hardwork to pass the ever changing bar examination.

Very Happy genie pig

18Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 pm

yongski4217

Arresto Menor

mas mahirap mcq kaysa sa essay kasi sa essay kahit malayo sagot mo may points kahit papano unlike mcq

19Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

walang mahirap sa marunong at wala namang madali sa walang alam
so dpende yan sa alam ng taker. pero para sa akin mas gusto ko mcq kasi parang fair.
FAIR.....
kc sa law skul pag maganda ang chix kahit di maganda ang sagot, tamang tama sa prof... pag dka nman trip ng prof papahirapan ka. minsan tama na anser mo, tatanungin ka pa ng mas mahirap...at papahirap. hanggang sa masingko.

20Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 am

qarba1

qarba1
Arresto Menor

ang latest news 100% Essay type na daw format ng 2013 Bar Exams at wala na ring memorandum writng, balik uli sa pag memorise ng mga legal forms. hay naku!!!!

21Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 pm

redpula

Prision Correccional

the best we can do is to wait and see what the supreme court will promulgate with regards to the setup of the bar examination of 2013, if in case the court will revert to the old setup, this only validate my theory that members of the bar examination committee are so endear with the old system of giving the exam and refuses to address issues as to penmanship and reading the entire answer of a bar examinee. The supposed modernization of the bar as measurement of the candidates knowledge are now, again, up to the appreciation of the examiner, bewildering if not esoteric questions that divining for an answer becomes a matter of astronomy for anyone to decipher and tons of enumeration, identification and memory wracking questions to add it all.

22Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

yebah

Arresto Mayor

Can anyone please verify when is the 2013 Bar Exams? What is the Format and corresponding percentage/s of the exam? And if it is true that the 5-strike rule will be abolished/lifted?Thanks sa magrereply...

23Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty trip trip ng chairman Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 pm

icedqueenbee

Arresto Menor

qarba1 wrote:Our Dean has just informed us that next year's bar exam committee chairman Justice Brion is now gathering feedbacks from law schools about his plan to change again the format. Justice Brion's plan is to have 20% MCQ only and 80% Essay. Looks like every year ay iba ang format, trip trip ng chairman?

yeah been a victim of "trip trip ng chairman", twice. Suspect realization: nothing beats preparedness, emotionally, psychologically, mentally and physically. Idea

24Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Mon May 06, 2013 2:54 pm

u.jemar

Arresto Menor

I think Dean Riano favors the Essay type questions since the important thing is the examiner can determine how the examinee provide for legal reasons and not actually on the accuracy of the answers..

25Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Empty Re: Bar Exams 2013 FORMAT Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 am

redrider0404

redrider0404
Prision Correccional

According to a reliable source, there will be, in 2013 Bar Exams, at least 8 to 10 Essay-type Bar Questions with at least 3 to 4 sub questions. There will also be 40 MCQs each subject. Some says, it's reasonable enough. What do you think?

Read also the excerpt of Justice Brion's speech during the Graduation Ceremony at Ateneo and San Sebastian http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/bar%20admissions/bulletin/bulletin.pdf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum