Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using my final pay to settle my accountability

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

matthewpsi

Arresto Menor

I resigned from my previous employer. They refused to accept my resignation hence i was tagged as AWOL. Recently they called me and asked me to settle my accountability (i purchased a laptop but reimbursed a portion of the cost from my previous employer, the portion of the cost shouldered by the employer is what they are claiming)

i wanted to use my unclaimed pay to settle my accountability. but my previous employer said that it is not possible. i have to settle firt. Release of final pay depends on the clearance. but since i can't finish my clearance because they refuse to acknowledge my resignation letter. Now i'm faced with the situation wherein i have to settle my accountability and a possiblity that i can't claim my final pay.

how do i go over with this matter that would have a favorable result on my part?

Thanks Atty

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi matthew,

You can file a small claim at DOLE office, then you can negotiate that your accountability will be deducted from your final backpay. Technically, your previous company will have to collect first before they will give you a final pay but a clearances is not a legal requirement, DOLE will push them to pay you r final pay first then you can pay your accountability. If kasya namn yung naiwan mong final bakit pa sila magmamatigas??ksi segurista lng sila..ok??

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum