Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP PLEASE...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HELP PLEASE...  Empty HELP PLEASE... Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:51 pm

elai.1224

Arresto Menor

Hi there...i have a great deal of a problem with the company that i've worked for. they terminated me due to absences. But indicated in my termination letter, the issue that they are accusing me is wrongly indicated in our company's code of conduct. To be specific, the are accusing me the "clause 12.1.a" of our COC but there is no "clause 12.1.a" in our COC. weird huh. Moreover, the reason why im absent its because i have to attend my daughters school activity and being a single mom, that company has not given me the rights of the R.A. 8972 with is the solo parents' welfare act of 2000. which is the additional 7 days leave and due to this they have aswell discriminated my rights as a single parent. Also, regarding this accusations for my absences, they have taken leave with out pay absences against me and in our code of cunduct, there is no rules indicating that LWOP will be considered as an occurence. I have escalated this already to the NLRC but the company that i have been complaining about has rejected my settlement. do you think that this case i have is still worth fighting for? I have already spent alot of money in going to this case week after week and i have resolved nothing for my self. please i need your opinion. Thanks!

2HELP PLEASE...  Empty Re: HELP PLEASE... Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:01 pm

CaseLogic

CaseLogic
Arresto Mayor

Actually, its not employer's fault that you are single parent. They might consider once, but since this is business they will not tolerate it for you. You must be responsible also in your job not only with your kids.
Since the problem has occured already you can do nothing but fight for what is right and fair for you and the company.
Don't just spend money thinking that you are in right. But maybe wrong. Ask some of your colleagues.
re-read Employer's manual.
And if you think you have the right then go for it.
Otherwise don't waste your time on it. INstead let go and move forward. Charge it your experience and work hard for your children.

3HELP PLEASE...  Empty Re: HELP PLEASE... Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

attyLLL

i wouldn't rely on the wrong designation as a main argument, but it will depend on the number of total absences and the reasons behind them whether you will win.

giving up is exactly what your employer hopes you will do.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4HELP PLEASE...  Empty Re: HELP PLEASE... Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:40 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Case Logic,

I think your comment for solo parent benefits of saying employer may consider once is TOTALLY wrong.
Of course it is our law who provide this benefits for solo parent but why you said only consider once?
Ridiculous that you are one sided commentator?I think your working as HR administrator.

5HELP PLEASE...  Empty Re: HELP PLEASE... Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

EPAL ka masyado..kala mo marunong..NAGMAMARUNONG ka lng pare.

6HELP PLEASE...  Empty Re: HELP PLEASE... Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 pm

theb

Arresto Menor

Elai, if you are a solo parent there are certain provisions in the law before you can actually apply for, like the you need to secure an ID from DSWD that indeed you are a solo parent (a certification also). You should have given this to you HR so that the are aware and you could be given the 7 days leave entitled for solo parents. Next, were you informed about your absences and given an opportunity to explain? What does you code of conduct say in terms of attendance? During your leaves did you immediately inform you immediate superior as to why or you never called to inform them. These are thing that you also need to think about before deciding whether to give up on the case or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum