Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obstruction of justice case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obstruction of justice case Empty Obstruction of justice case Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:43 am

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Hello Attorney, if there's a murder case and you cannot pursue it because someone intentionally holding the documents and evidence which is the cause of the victim's death, would this fall on obstruction of justice? They intentionally did this to make it difficult for my friend to pursue the case so she can't do anything as the NBI required all of this but apparently the relatives are doing this for revenge. She file a complaint against the relatives with some local authority and it will eventually be taken up to court within the next couple of weeks. I really think this people deserved punishment as they are also falling for extortion and endangering my friend's children's life. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

2Obstruction of justice case Empty Re: Obstruction of justice case Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:54 am

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

A criminal offense that involves INTERFERENCE, through words or ACTIONS, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court.

PD 1829: Penalizing Acts that Constitute Obstruction of Justice

The general meaning of “obstruction of justice” denotes an INTERFERENCE with the orderly administration of law, IMPEDING or OBSTRUCTING THOSE WHO SEEK JUSTICE in court or those who have duties or power of administering justice therein.  PD 1829 penalizes any PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY or WILLFULLY OBSTRUCTS, impedes, frustrates or DELAYS the apprehension of suspects and the INVESTIGATION and prosecution of criminal cases by COMMITTING any of the following nine acts.  These acts will be discussed separately on enumeration.  Note that if any of the foregoing acts is committed by a public official or employee, he shall in addition to the penalties provided thereunder, suffer perpetual disqualification from holding public office.

Last edited by mdventura on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spacing)

3Obstruction of justice case Empty Re: Obstruction of justice case Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:57 am

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Hello Attorney, could you possibly help us and let us know how many months waiting period is allowed to file the case after the local zone authority papers has been issued? Does it needs to be filed ASAP or it can wait for couple of weeks or so? Also, how much to file 4 or 5 different cases like obstruction of justice, extortion, libel and slander with perjury and two more. Can it be filed all together? We need to know as my friend may need to go home and confront this nasty idiots! Thank you so much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum